File Medical (I-693) together with I-485 or wait?

Nightlifer

Registered Users (C)
Greetings,

A friend of mine (living in SF Bay Area) is applying for AOS through marriage. She is confused about whether to file the Medical Examination Form (I-693) together with the I-485 or wait and bring it to the adjustment interview. In 2003, I did the latter, but the rules may have changed since then, based on the fairly vague instructions on I-485. The USCIS site is equally vague on the subject. Can anyone offer some advice? Many thanks.

Source: Form I-485 Instructions, Page 4

7. Medical examination.
When required, submit a medical examination report on the form you have obtained from USCIS.
1. General: If you are filing your adjustment of status application with a USCIS service center, include your medical examination report with the application, unless you are a refugee.

You MUST send the I-693 and the Supplemental to it (both filled by a Civil Surgeon) with the I-485.

If you do not, USCIS will either deny your petition or send you a request for it (which will delay the application).

PraetorianXI ,
what is the Supplemental to it(I-693)? I only sent I-693 sealed by a certified
doctor?

Did you get a copy of what he enclosed in the envelope? I did and there was the copy of the I-693 for USCIS and another page called Supplemental, where the information about the vaccines/shots. When were they given, by whom, etc.

Both i693 and i693A need to be filed along with the i485 if you dont want delays with the processing of your case.