Fiancee or Spouce Visa

Kem Chho

I am in a situation where I have to bring my fiancee here. I just got my citizenship last week.

I am planning to travel to India to see her and also some work for my company. I have both options available. What is the recommended if i wanted to bring her here ASAP. I can apply for the fiancee visa before i leave or should i get married in India first and apply for her as a spouce?

There is 1 information i would like to disclose here, if it may affect the decision and situation. She had applied to come here for visitor visa in August - 2005 but her visa application was denied.

Please advice...

Thanks...

Kem Chho said:
I am in a situation where I have to bring my fiancee here. I just got my citizenship last week.

I am planning to travel to India to see her and also some work for my company. I have both options available. What is the recommended if i wanted to bring her here ASAP. I can apply for the fiancee visa before i leave or should i get married in India first and apply for her as a spouce?

There is 1 information i would like to disclose here, if it may affect the decision and situation. She had applied to come here for visitor visa in August - 2005 but her visa application was denied.

Please advice...

Thanks...
Teek Chho. You apply for fiancee visa (k1) or spouse visa here in US and not in India. If she comes to US on K1, then you will have to get married within 90 days. Another option is, if you can stay in India for atleast 6o days you can do Direct Consular filing at New Delhi. Her previous visa denial should not have affect if you have good documentation of your relationship.