Fiance here on 6 month visa

neweyjennifer

My fiance is coming in on a 6 month visa we will be getting married during that time. We dont know hwat to do next in order for him to be able to stay permanently and become a US Citizen.
Can someone please guide me during this baby steps. Thank you

i think he has to apply for adjustment status.. but i have no idea which form he should apply. don't worry when he can become a citizen because it is a long way to go.

neweyjennifer said:
My fiance is coming in on a 6 month visa we will be getting married during that time. We dont know hwat to do next in order for him to be able to stay permanently and become a US Citizen.
Can someone please guide me during this baby steps. Thank you

What type of visa does he have? Be careful the INS might deem it as a fraudulent entry to the USA, i.e., if he is here on a tourist visa, then you get married and apply for a green card. The INS, rightly so, will reject his application because he lied about his intentions when he came to the USA.

Consult with a lawyer and plan your steps.

DO NOT get married when he comes here on visitors visa. Thats the wrong visa for that purpose, which means you used fraud to get the visitors visa. You 2 will be in big trouble if he comes here to visit, marries and then you try to adjust status.

Get a fiance visa (K-1) if you want to marry here.

So the sequence should be something like K1visa->marriage->apply conditional greencard->after 3 years of greencard approval apply for US citizenship.

-g:)