few questions

tryagain1

Registered Users (C)
I have a three part question and thanks in adavnce for your answers.

1) What's the diff. between immigration photos and passport photos? How many do we need
a) at the time of medical test ( heard two passport photos, correct me if I am wrong).
b) at the time of interview ( heard three immigration photos, correct me if I am wrong).

all the above are 1.5" x 1.5"

2) Where to get IRS-9003, I went to local IRS office and she had
:confused: face when I asked about it. However she gave me all my three years tax returns on one sheet of paper. Is that the same

3) What's affidavit of support and how many we need. Is it must for employment based categories or it's just for family based immigration?

Answer to Question (2)

IRS-9003 form can be found at http://www.immihelp.com/forms/irs-9003fill.pdf

And I got the tax transcripts for three years, each one is of three pages. This is how I got it.

The IRS automated number is
1-800-829-1040 Menu options : 9 - 2
You can go to irs.gov too and find out more.

The automated system will prompt you to enter your SSN and street number to authenticate. Then you can press the year for which you need the trascripts, one at a time when it asks you( I asked for last three years i.e 1999, 2000, 2001). It will keep asking till you exit. It takes 10 days for the transcripts to reach you, if you need it faster, the local IRS office can also issue them. For that you need to find out your local IRS office from the irs.gov site.

I got the transcripts in 5 days.

Originally posted by scewedbyTexas
I have a three part question and thanks in adavnce for your answers.

1) What's the diff. between immigration photos and passport photos? How many do we need
a) at the time of medical test ( heard two passport photos, correct me if I am wrong).
b) at the time of interview ( heard three immigration photos, correct me if I am wrong).

all the above are 1.5" x 1.5"

:confused: face when I asked about it. However she gave me all my three years tax returns on one sheet of paper. Is that the same

3) What's affidavit of support and how many we need. Is it must for employment based categories or it's just for family based immigration?

irs transcripts

when i went to the local irs office for the transcripts of 3 the last 3 years 1 week ago, they handed me all the 3 year returns on 1 page

answers ....

1) What's the diff. between immigration photos and passport photos? How many do we need?

Passport photos are front facing(as on the passport) while immigration photos take the profile of ur side face at an angle ....

a) at the time of medical test ( heard two passport photos, correct me if I am wrong). One passport style photo was needed in Delhi

b) at the time of interview ( heard three immigration photos, correct me if I am wrong). 2 immigration style photos were needed in Delhi.

all the above are 1.5" x 1.5" ... Not sure about the exact size.

face when I asked about it. However she gave me all my three years tax returns on one sheet of paper. Is that the same

This form is not needed any more. But its a good idea to carry the transcripts(these are different than IRS9003). Follow the procedure as described in one of the previous posts.

Affidavit of support is I-134. You need one for each of ur dependents if any. If u are single then its not needed.

Thank you

:)

Got it, will get the passport and immigration photos taken,
requested IRS to send transcripts as described above

coming to form i-134 where can I get it or NVC sends it in their packet-3.

Much Thanks,

The I134 can be downloaded from http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-134.htm

NVC does not send it but says you should have affidavit of support for each of your dependents. Employment based - mostly use I134, family based mostly I1824 though I have heard the two are interchangeable for employment related immigration.

IRS9003 is not required now, Pkt 4 asks you to bring your latest tax returns with you (play safe and carry the last three years).

Pkt 4 asks for 3 passport pics for medical and 2 immigration pics for the interview. However, the number of medical pics required depend on the panel physician you are going to, some require only one, others may require 3...so find out first.

i134 - get it notarised

You need to print the i134 form from the web, fill it up, and take it to sign in front of a notary. The notary will witness your signature, and sign and put a seal too.

I have previously send i134 for my mothers visa, and I think that was requird. For CP, I am not sure notarisation is required, but still it is not a big deal to get it notarised.

Re: i134 - get it notarised

For Consular processing, I-134 must be notarized. (mandatory requirment)

For CP, I am not sure notarisation is required, but still it is not a big deal to get it notarised. [/B]