Few questions: Thanks

z/OS V1.4

Registered Users (C)
1) Do we must take INFOPASS appointment for 485 stamping? What is it
anyway.

2) In NY, there are three offices. Albany, NY and Buffalo.
Which office one has to go? How to know? Can we go to any office for 485 stamping?

3) Please give a link to what are all documents to bring for 485 stamping?

4) What type of photos needed? Side face or Front face. Please give a link to photo specifications.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:
1 & 2 - You get all information when you go for Appointment in the Info pass.

3 - You need to take I-94, Approval notice, Passport, Old & new EAD, Old & new AP

4 - take Front side Photos. Passport style photos.

You can get to the Infopass link by going to USCIS homepage.
Your Approval letter(s) must have metioned where to go to for passport stamping.
Approval letter also mentions what to take along with when you are going for stamping. Usually, it is two PP style photos, passport, APs, EADs, and a govt issued id (e.g. driver's licence) along with your approval letter, and infopass appointment printout.
Full frontal/PP style photos are accepted now.

z/OS V1.4 said:
1) Do we must take INFOPASS appointment for 485 stamping? What is it
anyway.

2) In NY, there are three offices. Albany, NY and Buffalo.
Which office one has to go? How to know? Can we go to any office for 485 stamping?

3) Please give a link to what are all documents to bring for 485 stamping?

4) What type of photos needed? Side face or Front face. Please give a link to photo specifications.

Thanks for your time.

I had approval letter telling me to go to NYC Fed Plaza on Friday using Worth st entrance. I did go there without infopass. Guess this is not required if your approval letter mentions the special time/door you need to go.

Here is my experience:
I got stamped today at NYC Fed Plaza. Went in around 10:30. Left at 12.00pm. As told in the Approval letter, went to Worth st entrance, didn't have an infopass, and straight to Room 300. My wife and I gave photos+approval letters+I-94's+ all AP and EAD's and got our fresh stamps which are good one year. Plastic card is expected between 1 month and 1 year.

Hi ea_ead,
Did your approval letter tell you what time on which date, or like mine, it just said friday, 07:30 am - 04:00pm?
Thank you!
ea_ead said:
IHere is my experience:
I got stamped today at NYC Fed Plaza. Went in around 10:30. Left at 12.00pm. As told in the Approval letter, went to Worth st entrance, didn't have an infopass, and straight to Room 300. My wife and I gave photos+approval letters+I-94's+ all AP and EAD's and got our fresh stamps which are good one year. Plastic card is expected between 1 month and 1 year.

hueymeei said:
Hi ea_ead,
Did your approval letter tell you what time on which date, or like mine, it just said friday, 07:30 am - 04:00pm?
Thank you!

yes that is right. That was what I saw in my letter too.