few questions before filing...searched threads, but?

in_love

Registered Users (C)
hello,

sorry if these q's are redundant :(
i searched threads but couldn't seem to find the answer to my specific questions:

1) for the BIRTH CERTIFICATES AND PASSPORTS, are color photocopies acceptable (not notarized), or do we need "certified copies" and if so, what constitutes a certified copy?

2) my husband and i do not have a rental or lease agreement with our landlord (she doesn't want one). we can, however, have the other people that live in our house give us signed letters certifying that we live here, and are married. can we just draft letters and have them signed, or do we need them notarized?

thanks kindly

1) for the BIRTH CERTIFICATES AND PASSPORTS, are color photocopies acceptable (not notarized), or do we need "certified copies" and if so, what constitutes a certified copy?
A certified copy is a copy of the original birth certificate issued by an official government agency, in the USA that would be most likely the county records office where the person was born. Usually this is a colorful piece of paper with a photocopy of the original birth cerficate from their records printed on it, with a official seal to show its real.

No you don't need to send them certified copies, only photocopies are needed of all evidence.
2) my husband and i do not have a rental or lease agreement with our landlord (she doesn't want one). we can, however, have the other people that live in our house give us signed letters certifying that we live here, and are married. can we just draft letters and have them signed, or do we need them notarized?
Affidavits from friends proving your marriage is real should be notarized, I believe.