Fees for N400 + fingerprinting

Rahul Kumar

Registered Users (C)
How would I know If I need to add $50 to the fee that I usually
pay for the N-400? In other words, how do i know I need
to get fingerprinted?

When you mail your N-400 application to a service center, you must include the fee for the application and the fingerprint procedure. Just mail with your application one check with the amount of $310. All N-400 applicants are being fingerprinted prior to the interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi P8085,
I think the fee for N-400 is $310 ( 260 + 50 ), but you have mentioned the fee is $315. I am not sure if BCIS has changed it's fee recently. I have mailed my application in the middle of last month with a fee of $310. Can someone please clarify this if the current fee is 310 or 315?

Thanks
Choyty

Yes, according to BCIS the fee is 260 + 50 = $310.

I have mailed my appl. yesterday!

Have you received your receipt?

Just make the money order/check out for $310 to BCIS. You might also want to write your name and A-number on your check. I just mailed my package in today and pray that everything will go smoothly :)

Hi Sam,
Thanks for confirming the fee ( 310 ). No I haven't received my receipt yet, but BCIS has cashed my check after two weeks.
I mailed my applicaton on 6/16/03
BCIS received app. on 6/18/03
Check was cashed on 7/3/03

Hi Choyty

Thanks for your info.

BTW, which service center and local office you are in?

I am under NSC.

Thanks,
Sam

I was told that it is currently taking about 1 month until we get our receipts. So, you should hopefully be getting yours soon, choyty.

yes, the fee is $310. I apologize for the mistake.

I live in NYC and did file via the Vermont service center. My data is as follows

package send on 05/27/03 via certified mail

package arrived at VSC on 05/30/03

check has been deposit on 06/09/03

NOA letter was send on 06/20/03

received the letter on 06/25/03

The letter states that I should expect to be notified within 540 days in regards of an interview appointment at a local BCIS office.

The www.immigration.gov online case status says the following:

Your N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was received on June 9, 2003. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 240 and 300 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

I did enter lower case numbers and it goes back up to 09/2002 with the same message. So much about online case status.

Update to my timeline.

I did receive the FP letter today. The letter was written on 07/03/03 and send on 07/07/03. The letter arrived on 07/11/03. It states that the FP date is 08/01/03. In the case you can make this date, go on a following wednesday to the office. If you don't perform the FP until 10/04/03, your application will be closed.

The FP is at the Varick Street office in Manhattan.