Feel mistreated by INS? And don\'t trust your lawyer unless for good reasons

indy

Registered Users (C)
I repeatatively called VSC since I hadn\'t recieved my FP with a ND of 11/99, and only recently one good IIO told me that my FP was issued almost 4 months ago, and it must have been lost. Of course my expensive lawyer never even bother inquiring VSC on my behalf, and he always told me that I was too impatient and should just sit tight and wait. In addition to sending a letter to my lawyer blasting his incompetence and negligence, I\'ve also decided to file a complaint to INS---Unfortunately, some of its IIOs are unprofessional, indifferent, rude, misleading and intimidating. In my case, none of the IIOs except the lastest one I talked to were able to tell me that my FP was already sent! Almost all of them told me to just wait for 30-60 more days. I am glad to find two useful contact addresses on the Official Vermont INS website to file my grievance:

FOR THE PERSONAL ATTENTION OF THE DIRECTOR
Immigration and Naturalization Service
Vermont Service Center
P.O. Box 1000
Saint Albans, Vermont 05479

CC: Director, Office of Internal Audit
425 Eye Street, NW
Room 3260
Washington, DC 20536

I wrote to the director in VSC, and CC the same letter to Internal Audit of Washington.

Folks, it is time for us to stop being self-pity and stand up to take action to stop any future abuses and mistreatment. Should we let people to take advantage of our fear? Should we continue to CowTow to bad services and lawyers? The only one who can save you from this misery is yourself! It\'s time to show some diginity!

Make sure you write down the IIO\'s name who you want to complain or praise, and the date. Yes, we also should give those who are helpful and professional encouragement. Be responsible. Together we can make a difference.

Good luck to all.

No Title

Indy, Good work..Looks like I will be in the same boat too..Did the INS send you your FP notice...what happens to your case now???
MY ND 10/99 with pD 08/98...no FP yet...

No Title

The very helpful IIO sent a copy of the old FP notice directly to me. Today I walked in the INS local office with the Old FP notice and the local officers (New York City) were very nice. They did not give me any problems and proceeded to have my FP done. Bless these good officers. I consequently wrote another letter to VSC asking to send all future correspondences to both my lawyer and me directly.

If you have trouble to talk to a good IIO, complain, and also write a letter inquire about the FP notice. Hopefully, the letter will end up with a more reponsible officer. Make photo copies of all your letters for future evidence at the time you decide to complain to the director.

Good luck.

No Title

Here is my problem. I send in my RFE(Fedex Overnight Express) and AVM has not been updated even after 30 days. After repeated calls to the INS, IIO answers " we have not received your response yet, wait for 2-3 weeks" ( this has been recursive for ever).

Last time when I called IIO, I even mentioned that I can give the Fedex tracking number and details. She got back saying that they can\'t search my package in tens of thousasnds of mails they receive everyday.Then I asked to resend the RFE. She adamantly say\'s "You have to wait for 2-3 weeks".
According to Fedex tracker site, the package was delivered at the INS office and I even have the proof of their signature on the web site.

Could anyone suggest what should my next step be?
Guess I have to follow Indy ..........

No Title

If you have seen the trend lately RFE r received by INS with a minimum of 7 days to 10to 12 days.I had seen some one posting a message a very similar case and he had resent the whole thing again with the copy of RFE and explained in a covering letter that he is sending it again as the first one had not reached. He also gave the details of the Fedex the tracking number and the initial who received it in INS.If you wait for the blue copy of RFE it may take time.I am not sure of the user idso I am not mentioning his name.The second one which he sent was received by INS and the AVM changed .

No Title

Indy, I like your way of handling things. Accident do happen but if the lawyers and IIOs are more helpful, thing would be solved much earlier on. If you have to pay for your lawyer, you have every right to give him hard time. He is not doing his job properly.

No Title

ND/RD SEPT99 CALLED IIO\'S LOT OF TIMES SAME ANSWER 30-60 DAYS NOBODY CARES NO RFE NO HOLDS. FEELING HELPLESS DON\'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.