Feedback requested regarding the documents required for CP interview and Medicals.

CP-QUERY

Registered Users (C)

My interview is at the end of August at Mumbai. Our (me and my wife) case is a normal CP (not AC-140).
I have made list of documents but any additional info is appreciated :cool:

[size=+4]LIST OF DOCUMENTS[/size]

[size=+2]Folder for CP interview (My and Spouse's):[/size]

1) Cover letter/Appointment letter & OF-171.
2) Passports (me + wife)
3) PCC (me + wife)
4) Original BC and photocopy (me + wife)
5) Original Marriage certificate and 2 photocopy
6) Notarized Affidavit of support I-134
7) Notarized Employment letter 2
8) DS230 Part II Visa application (Part-II Unsigned) (me + wife)
9) Medical Reports (when they’ll come) – Will carry X rays (me + wife) <== Modified
10) Passport zise Photos as per New requirement – 3 per person (me + wife)
11) Immigration (¾ Style) Photos – 3 per person (me + wife)
12) DS230 Part I (I don’t have a photocopy, So just filled the one from Packet 4 for both of us) <== Modified

[size=+2]2nd Folder- Additional Document (My and Spouse's) :[/size]

1) SSN Card
2) Latest H-1 approval notice
3) Original and supporting docs of all H1 and H4.
4) Copies of Labor certificate, I-140 application, I-140 approval.
5) Work experience letters
6) Educational related documents
7) Last 3 months Bank statements
8) Last 3 years tax returns (W2)
9) Tax Transcripts
10) Last 4 months Pay stubs – (Printout from internet as I don’t receive hard copy)
11) Original Apartment Lease
12) Wedding photos
13) Wedding Card
14) Letter from company for name change.
15) Company Financial document
16) Wife’s TIN number

[size=+2]3rd Folder Indian Documents :[/size]

1) Indian Driver's License
2) Domicile Certificate

[size=+2]4th Folder Medical :[/size]

1) Cover letter/Appointment letter, OF-171
2) Passports
3) Three passport size photos
4) Previous vaccination records
5) Previous hospital records
6) Letter from wife’s OBGYN about the vaccination waiver

[size=+2]
We have medical appointment at Breach candy hospital Mumbai. Please mail your experience about Breach Candy Hospital (especially my wife is pregnant and little bit worried about the TB exams).
[/size]

Last edited by a moderator:
CP_QUERY,

when is your interview. Mine is on August 30.

I will check my list and let you know if I can find anything missing in your list.

BTW, are you going to stay in a hotel? Can you suggest a decent hotel (and not too expensive)?

-sanjay

CP_Query,
You are carrying everything, most of them are not required but it is always good to carry them all. I have some suggestions

1. Move your DS-230 Part I from folder 2 to Folder 1 (even though you have submitted earlier they may ask you)
2. Normal photos in folder 1, I am assuming you are talking about passport size photographs. Make sure you are taking according to new photo size requirements.
3. 3/4 size means Immigration style photos, if yes then correct.
4. Even though it is not asked but do carry your X-rays along with you, no harm.
5. As your wife is pregnant, do take medicals 3 to 4 days in advance (hope you already planned for it).
6. For Breach candy experience you can refer Successful interviews at mumbai consulate after june '04 especially victor's experience as his wife was also pregnant.

All the best.

Thanks

Hi Alren, VM, CPQuery,

1)I have read that closed folders are not allowed in the consulate.
Can u please tell me what kind of foldres did u purchase and from where.
Do they need to be transparent as well????
I ahve seen folders with the Metal frame at the center to hold the papres,Is metal frame allowed or any specific folders are needed??????

2)Are US born children allowed in the consulate. I have a two yr old and i am not sure she will stay with her grandparents, so if possible i would like to take her also inside the consulate.Any idea do they allow it????

Thanx
anushri

anushri said:
Hi Alren, VM, CPQuery,

1)I have read that closed folders are not allowed in the consulate.
Can u please tell me what kind of foldres did u purchase and from where.
Do they need to be transparent as well????
I ahve seen folders with the Metal frame at the center to hold the papres,Is metal frame allowed or any specific folders are needed??????

<< I took all docs in 5 transparent folders that have a flap that closes with a string. Got them from Staples. >>

2)Are US born children allowed in the consulate. I have a two yr old and i am not sure she will stay with her grandparents, so if possible i would like to take her also inside the consulate.Any idea do they allow it????

<<I saw some small children in the waiting area -- don't see why they'll stop them especially since they are US citizens. From a hassle perspective, it migth be wise to leave them with someone especially if you have a long wait and the child gets cranky right at the time of the interview!!>>

Thanx
anushri

Rjain.

I agree with Rjain.

I bought a floder with 10 to 13 slots/pockets closed with a string from Office Depot. Please see no metal in the folder.

Two year kid is kind of overactive person so it would be better to leave the kid with some one you know.

Thanks

Of-171

I'm waiting for my interview date. I see list of docs needed for the interview. what is this OF-171?

Thanks

myl said:
I'm waiting for my interview date. I see list of docs needed for the interview. what is this OF-171?

Thanks
That's a sheet accompanying your appt. letter.

As suggested by the above posts, have a transperent multi-pocket folder which is available in most of the office supplies stores as well as stores like Target. Also buy a packet of transperent (will be multi colored) file inserts, so you can secure your documents in each section and will ease in removing the entire section out at a time.

Folder @ WALMART $4.93 + Taxes

Alren, VM,
I guess you guys are suggesting me to remove those docs from my folder.
Since my folder can accommodate those I think I will carry. Not submit anything else than what is asked and the document that would most probably asked is in Section 1.

I have got a folder from WALMART $4.93 + Taxes . It is blue transparent, has 13 sections, no metal parts and a plastic lock. I will carry few plastic bags in case they do not allow that too. ;)

When we speak of no metal parts I hope they allow those metal clips to put the documents together. :confused:

sansin said:
CP_QUERY,

when is your interview. Mine is on August 30.

I will check my list and let you know if I can find anything missing in your list.

BTW, are you going to stay in a hotel? Can you suggest a decent hotel (and not too expensive)?

-sanjay
Sansin,
My interview is scheduled on 26th. I hope the medical goes ok with all those stupid tests and the Rain takes some break.

I am from Mumbai so I cannot provide any hotel info to you.

CP-QUERY said:

Alren, VM,
I guess you guys are suggesting me to remove those docs from my folder.
Since my folder can accommodate those I think I will carry. Not submit anything else than what is asked and the document that would most probably asked is in Section 1.

{We are not against it to carry, you can carry but it is not required doc }

I have got a folder from WALMART $4.93 + Taxes . It is blue transparent, has 13 sections, no metal parts and a plastic lock. I will carry few plastic bags in case they do not allow that too. ;)

{You can carry the same, don't need to carry extra bags, I did carry a folder with 13 slots white transparent }

When we speak of no metal parts I hope they allow those metal clips to put the documents together.

{Those clips are fine, nothing to worry }

Good Luck

Sequence of ordering of documents.

I understand there is a specific sequence in which documents need to be arranged. Can someone please post that SEQUENCE here?

Thanks! Vm

[size=+2] THANKS! VM [/size]

FYI ALL

We will be flying to Mumbai on 17th by KLM. Our visas have H1/H4 expired. We have the extension. No Transit Visa required at Amterdam.

20 th Aug - Medical

26 th Aug - Interview

I hope by gods grace everything will be fine. Offcourse with the help from people in this forum too.

sansin said:
I understand there is a specific sequence in which documents need to be arranged. Can someone please post that SEQUENCE here?
There's no *need* for a specific sequence. Have it in a way that suits you the best.

Every Officer has their own way of sequence in collecting document, so it doesn't matter how you arrange things, only suggestion would be to keep your originals and your photocopies in two seperate slots and arrange both of them in the same sequence.

Thanks