• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Fee Payment

Bujar

Registered Users (C)
-Hello guys, I had an Interview at embassy last week and I paid the fee ($330), but I was asked to send some other documents so now I scheduled another appointment. I want to know if I have to pay $330 again or that I paid once I don't have to do that again, I have the ticket that I did the payment?
Thanks in advance :) ...

This is just to submit documents right? No you don't need to pay the fee again.

Yes SusieQQQ just to submit my documents. Thanks a lot for the fast response.

Another Question - What are the chances to get the visa if everything is OK with these other documents they required. The CO during the interview said that everything looks fine expect that I have to show them some Original Documents made me really hopeful :)

Another Question - What are the chances to get the visa if everything is OK with these other documents they required. The CO during the interview said that everything looks fine expect that I have to show them some Original Documents made me really hopeful :)

You should be also lucky you were not denied the interview for not bringing original documents (birth certifcate etc).... as this is mandatory requirement.....

You should be also lucky you were not denied the interview for not bringing original documents (birth certifcate etc).... as this is mandatory requirement.....

Actually contrary to what some people think they are not looking for reasons to deny people... Their job is to give you a visa if you qualify, not look for reasons to deny. Many people end up going for interviews without required documents, sometimes because people didn't read properly, sometimes due to reasons beyond their control (we had no police records when we went because our police records department was on strike...) whatever... It's not a valid reason to deny a visa. This is precisely why one of the AP categories is missing documents. Of course if you never send the document you won't get the visa, but once it's sent if all is in order it will be fine. Bujar if this was all they wanted you should be good to go. Just bear in mind some consulates take a while to process stuff sent in separately.

Actually contrary to what some people think they are not looking for reasons to deny people... Their job is to give you a visa if you qualify, not look for reasons to deny. Many people end up going for interviews without required documents, sometimes because people didn't read properly, sometimes due to reasons beyond their control (we had no police records when we went because our police records department was on strike...) whatever... It's not a valid reason to deny a visa. This is precisely why one of the AP categories is missing documents. Of course if you never send the document you won't get the visa, but once it's sent if all is in order it will be fine. Bujar if this was all they wanted you should be good to go. Just bear in mind some consulates take a while to process stuff sent in separately.

Yeah, but still.. I don't understand why people take the risk and show up in DV interview without all the required documents.... without original documents, without notarized copies... - birth sertificate, high school or university diploma originals and notarized photocopies are usually required...

Winning the DV lottery is not like a visiting a friend the other day or visiting a movie theathre - it's a LIFETIME CHANCE TO GO TO USA. Myself, I had all the required documents, notarized documents and even more additional documents in case embassy employee or Consule asked for it. For additional safety, I even notarized required documents in two copies in case one becomes invalide. I also had the Interview fee in cash as well as ready ATM card in case money gets stollen/forgotten (the card was kept seperate from wallet).

I think Consule pays attention to all details, including how well are you prepared, how well are you organized and what's your attitude. Prepare well, have all the documents, have the right attitude, read about US/State taxes, places/neighborhoods... and you will be rewarded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, but still.. I don't understand why people take the risk and show up in DV interview without all the required documents.... without original documents, without notarized copies... - birth sertificate, high school or university diploma originals and notarized photocopies are usually required...

Winning the DV lottery is not like a visiting a friend the other day or visiting a movie theathre - it's a LIFETIME CHANCE TO GO TO USA. Myself, I had all the required documents, notarized documents and even more additional documents in case embassy employee or Consule asked for it. For additional safety, I even notarized required documents in two copies in case one becomes invalide. I also had the Interview fee in cash as well as ready ATM card in case money gets stollen/forgotten (the card was kept seperate from wallet).

I think Consule pays attention to all details, including how well are you prepared, how well are you organized and what's your attitude. Prepare well, have all the documents, have the right attitude, read about US/State taxes, places/neighborhoods... and you will be rewarded.

Yes that's all very nice, and of course it's the ideal, but what happens if something is out of your control? What would you have done if someone had mugged you and grabbed the bag with all your documents in while you were walking to the interview? And you know, sometimes people just make mistakes. The CO's by and large are normal human beings and realise stuff happens sometimes. He wasn't "lucky" to not be denied a visa, it would have been highly unusual to be denied outright just because of a missing document. I repeat, they have an AP category for missing documents for a reason. They realise that stuff happens, sometimes. And they do not deny for a missing document if it can be provided to them.

And actually if you are learning about state taxes before the interview I think three is such a thing as being over-prepared :D

And actually if you are learning about state taxes before the interview I think three is such a thing as being over-prepared :D

Why? Shouldn't you do some homework before you move to a new permanent place in a completely different country? Salaries, taxes, schools for kids, neighborhoods, business opportunities, home costs, companies to work for.... ? The question CO always asks is why do you want to move to this particular state or the city? What you will answer? Nice chicks? Tall buildings? Cheap booze? Nice state benefits? Lots of Ferrari's on the streets!?

We were not that over prepared, but with the right attitude, pre-research about the city/state we are moving to and with all the other common sense. This is why CO never asked a single document to prove our finances, even tho I asked if he wants to see my salary slips (we had all the paperwork from official registries - cars, property, bank accounts etc )...

Lol, whatever dude. Plenty people got their visas without even knowing where they wanted to go much less why. After all you don't move the day after you get the visa as a general rule! Not being able to give a convincing answer as to choosing a city is not a valid reason for visa denial :D :D :D

Look - seriously - good on you for being well prepared, but I don't want other people reading this and panicking that they haven't looked up taxes and schools in all 50 states before the interview, because it really is not necessary. What is necessary is that you meet the requirements and have the documents (or can get them).

Plenty people got their visas without even knowing where they wanted to go much less why..

Those people shouldn't apply for DV lottery. They should give their place to people who are more interested, skilled and ready to go to USA. Period!

Those people shouldn't apply for DV lottery. They should give their place to people who are more interested, skilled and ready to go to USA. Period!

Not my business... but I think if only people who meet your requirements apply for the DV lottery... Maybe the "lottery" thing wouldn't be necessary!
I don't know WHERE I'm going to live, that will depend of the job opportunities, I do know WHY I want to go, but really... no idea how much will I pay in taxes, although I will pay them with my biggest smile!

;) just saying

It's called the diversity visa. They want people from all walks of life, as long as they are an adult, have a high school diploma and can support themselves.

That's just bollocks. I'm sure most people have an idea where they want to go but I'm equally sure plenty people change their minds and anyway they have 6 months from getting their visa to doing the research. Longer even if they take a trip activate, look around a bit (what we call an LSD trip - look see decide) and then think about more than a tax rate before they settle. It really doesn't matter to a CO that you've spent months researching cities. All he cares about is: do you meet the requirements and does he think you'll be able to find a job and support yourself there?

As for your comment about skills etc, cool - so you need to tell the administration to change the requirements for visas from DV to skills (what is in immigration reform anyway). In the meanwhile, this is what it is, if you don't like it that's your issue, not anyone else's...

I am happy to inform you all that I've got the Visa today. It was a long journey but with your unconditional help and answers it was more easy. I thank you all for the support and wish all of you success.

I am happy to inform you all that I've got the Visa today. It was a long journey but with your unconditional help and answers it was more easy. I thank you all for the support and wish all of you success.

Congratulations!