Fedex delivered Packet 3, but consulate doesnt have it

sollu

Registered Users (C)
Guys

My Packet 3 was sent and delivered by Fedex on January 12 at Chennai consulate. But when I call the consulate to enquire about the status of my case, they say that the case has not yet been entered in their system and that they don\'t have the Packet 3. Has this happened to anyone? What needs to be done by me to ensure that consulate starts processing my case? Do I need to resend the packet 3?

Thanks for your suggestions
Sai

You can try faxing the P3

But dont worry, Chennai will say P3 received only after they
getting electronic and hard copies from NVC.

But they have the notice from NVC

When I spoke to the operator she was able to pull up my information as soon as I gave my NVC case number. So, they did receive the NVC electronic and hard copies, it looks like.

I mean actual papers from NVC, read other threads, some people lost those papers in mail due to anth

Look for my postings

It happened with me. Fedex another one and in the mean time tell them that you have received it on such date - you have the proof that you have received it. They dont open the mails - you have literally force them to do it. Got my GC done on Jan 17th.

AKS1234

Thanks for your response.
So, I should just resend another Packet 3 and keep calling consulate and ask them about the Packet already sent?

Thanks again

Embassy takes a long time to open mail !

This is the same thing that has happened to me. NVC mailed the pkt 3 to New Delhi on 11/28/01(traced by NVC to Virginia). New Delhi received my pkt 3 on 12/08/01 (FedEx). Kept calling and only until 01/22/02 did they enter it into the system. They told me to call in the 2nd week of Feb to get my March interview date !