Federal Contractor.....Urgent....

naani

Registered Users (C)
Hello

Any one working in US Defense with H1-B visa?

I work for one department under US defense with H1-B which is valid till Oct 2004.
Now I am at I-485 stage with ND April –2002.

In most Govt offices after few months computer aces will be by Computer Access Card (CAC).
Green Card is required to get such card.

Questions :
1.What is the probable date for my green card with ND April-2002 (EAC-02-1666-5XXXX)
2. Any one got Computer Access Card without Green card ?
3. Any one got card with H1-B or I-485?

Your thoughts will be appreciated.

Thanks
Naani

Dont worry...

Dont worry u will be fine... if you have H1 or Green card.

I know so many guys who are in US govt projects working on H1. I did a small project for US govt and FBI too on H1.

-Sanju

It is not possible to tell when you will be approved. It could take weeks or months.

I would take atleast another 2 months to reach your date.

What is your source on this information. i have worked for quite a few Govt. sites.

i am right now also on a Govt. site. i haven't heard anything like that here.
it is besides the point, that i do have a Green Card , so it does not matter to me.

So what is your source?

Originally posted by naani
Hello

In most Govt offices after few months computer aces will be by Computer Access Card (CAC).

Naani

I work for US Defense as contractor with H1-B

I work for US defense , not a classified work.
In our office everyone got CAC card except me.
Even other contractors(US citizens) got CAC cards

Any one facing same problems?
Thanks
Naani

Hello

Any one working in US Defense with H1-B visa?

I work for one department under US defense with H1-B which is valid till Oct 2004.
Now I am at I-485 stage with ND April –2002.

Questions :
1.What is the probable date for my green card with ND April-2002 (EAC-02-1666-5XXXX)
2. Any one got Computer Access Card without Green card ?
3. Any one got card with H1-B or I-485?

Your thoughts will be appreciated.

Thanks
Naani

Naani,

Could you please provide more information? I guess the kind of work you are doing is not "classified", since ONLY US citizens can have security clearances (SCI or DoD). What kind of Network you are ON? What is the building/facility like, "secure"? What kind of contactor work are you doing and for how long? Is it direct to the US Dept. of Defense or through some other agency? Does the U.S. Dept. Defense know your status? besides, you are also subjected to "export Control" regulations. If you need some headache see my SECURITY thread.

Note: I work for a Defense contactor company (major)in a secure building and as far as the Computer Networks I have my OWN network; I cannot have access to the other intranets. As far as "export Control" I have a license from the Dept. of State on my name for information access.

Hello Cinta

Hello Cinta

Yes ..everyone knows my status here. I am working here from past 4 years.
My company did NAC ( National Agency Check ) and OPM (Office of Personnel Management) check
and assigned me this job.

Even I have limited access to the network , I am fine here. I do not have key to enter the main door.

But my question is any one got Computer Access Card with out Green Card or any one facing same problems?

Thanks
Naani

I used to work for US Navy, DOD at Navy Yard, Washington DC during 2001-2002. I was asked to apply for CAC and got one. I was on H1 B visa and it was not an issue at all. As long as the work does not require security clearence, you are fine.

Hope this helps.

Re: Hello Cinta

Hello Cinta

Yes ..everyone knows my status here. I am working here from past 4 years.
My company did NAC ( National Agency Check ) and OPM (Office of Personnel Management) check
and assigned me this job.

Even I have limited access to the network , I am fine here. I do not have key to enter the main door.

But my question is any one got Computer Access Card with out Green Card or any one facing same problems?

Thanks
Naani

I kind of understand; your company cares most about the money and if you say you have difficulty they may use somebody else with GC. Problem solved there. If you feel you are irreplaceble then ask your lawyer for EXPEDITE; under VSC rules if you get the Dept. of Defense say they need you they can expedite your case. this MAY turn to your advantage; otherwise since you are in a non-classified env. they should give you your card. In any case, I pointed this earlier, several times. So many sectors in this society do not recognise any EAD BS. it is either GC or NOTHING and this is reflected in the US Gov. definitions USC article 8 or something. Forget about the key!

Hello Nov 2001 RD

Hello Nov 2001 RD

Thanks for quick and hopeful response.

Who forwarded your application in US Navy,DOD? Your Boss or Security Officer Or your Company?
Did you go Pentagon to process your card?

My security officer told me that she talked main person in CAC department and
he told Green Card is required for getting CAC Card.

What is your suggestion to get CAC card.

Thanks
Naani

Naani,
Co-tar from the US Navy (FM division) forwarded my application to the concerned dept. I did not go to pentagon. The security department within the Navy Yard took my finger prints & pics. I was issued a CAC card within few weeks (do not remember the exact window)

My security clearance was rejected by DOJ during the year 2000. When I applied for CAC at DOD, I was worried that could trigger an issue. Fortunately, it did not.

According to me, getting a CAC should not be a problem. But I’m not sure if the Sept 11th has changed the situation.

Wish you all the best.