Federal agencies open or close on the 2nd on january?

casa1975

Registered Users (C)
Because of the death of the fomer president I heard in the news that federal agencies will not operate on tuesday the 2nd of the january 2007.
does anyone have any info about that? I have an info pass on the same day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing that NYSE and NASDAQ both will be closed on Tuesday, I seriously doubt that USCIS offices will open on the 2nd. I may be wrong though.

I had my interview scheduled for 2nd jan 2007, which got cancelled eventually, so I am sure they are open :)

i take my word back, i did not read the part where you said that the former president died?

sorry about that

Did your interview cancellation call came after Ford's passing away?

sambarej said:
I had my interview scheduled for 2nd jan 2007, which got cancelled eventually, so I am sure they are open :)

Hi,

Yes, I got a call today at 1:30 pm.

Also, I just spoke with my lawyer, she said that there was a notice she read (dont know which website) that in honor of the former presidents death, USCIS offices will be closed and all appointments will be rescheduled and customers will be notified.

thanks.

Casa,

I think you may have to schedule a new appt for the INFOPASS. (per the notice).
Its available on the USCIS website.

thanks...

Fingerprinting and infopass on 2nd January

Hi All,
I also had appointment for fingerprinting for my son and an infopass appointment on 2nd January. I read from the USCIS web site that USCIS will be closed on that day. Has anybody any idea as to how many days will it take for the USCIS to reschedule this fingerprinting.