Fed up ... preparing to leave

Farewell for now ... see you guys again in October, unless some new developments happen in the summer that would bring me back.

Oh, you'll be back buddy! This place is like Hotel California. "You can checkout any time you like, But you can never leave!" :D

Farewell for now ... see you guys again in October, unless some new developments happen in the summer that would bring me back.

Wanted to ask you. If you already have a EAD can't you just wait it out. How does it change things for you to get a GC? I am not very clear on why people would like to see the GC in their hands (unless it is for your children who are going to be adults)

Hypothetical situation
In past years say 2003 or 2004, a person filed EB I-485 because dates were current and then retrogression takes place, so they stopped processing his I-485, until this june, they approved green card, in the same manner if they have come out bulletin which says current why can't they accept I-485's and look for visa number at time of final adjudication, it could be 1, 2 or 3 years from now, until that time people keep getting EAD's AP's renewed. I dont know wise persons at DOS/USCIS might have thought about this, OR rule may be visa numbers should be available to accept I-485's at first place, it doesnt matters it might retrogresses after 1 or 2 months of filing I-485's
Just an opinion thought would share with you guys

Wanted to ask you. If you already have a EAD can't you just wait it out. How does it change things for you to get a GC?
I want to buy a new car, new furniture, and make some home improvements. Eventually I also want to start my own company. All those things are extra risky without a green card.

I am also tired of the indignities I have to go through every year. Apply to renew EAD, have to worry about whether it will be approved before the current one expires. Travel with AP, get sent to the back room and wonder what interrogation will happen. Have to renew driver's license every single year, and because I don't have a GC I have to give up my existing one and go without a license for a month until they mail the new one.

The government could change the law and make things more difficult. I could end up waiting 2, 5, or 10 years and still don't get the GC. It is not worth my sanity and dignity to stay here forever, hoping for a green card that may never come. This country really isn't all that great to live in.

As time goes on, the worse the US becomes, and the better the opportunities are outside the US. If and when I start my company, there will be a period when there is zero revenue, and my savings will last longer if I am living outside the US during that dry period.

Again, I am not leaving just yet. I am just preparing to leave so I can do it smoothly if that is my ultimate decision. First quarter 2008 is the earliest that I will voluntarily leave. But maybe I will wait until November 2008 to see who wins the election.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hypothetical situation
In past years say 2003 or 2004, a person filed EB I-485 because dates were current and then retrogression takes place, so they stopped processing his I-485, until this june, they approved green card, in the same manner if they have come out bulletin which says current why can't they accept I-485's and look for visa number at time of final adjudication, it could be 1, 2 or 3 years from now, until that time people keep getting EAD's AP's renewed. I dont know wise persons at DOS/USCIS might have thought about this, OR rule may be visa numbers should be available to accept I-485's at first place, it doesnt matters it might retrogresses after 1 or 2 months of filing I-485's
Just an opinion thought would share with you guys
USCIS simply did not want to accept any more I-485s this fiscal year, so even though they could have kept the bulletin current and accepted the applications, they greatly accelerated the rate of approvals so they could use up the quota in June and then reject all new applications.

Their GOAL is to piss you and me off. They don't want legal immigrants to have a good time. So they will act in ways to make things more difficult, like sending FP notices to your old address and saying that you didn't show up so they can deny or delay your case. And using FBI name check instead of a more efficient background check system. And in past years, making tens of thousands of green cards go unused. And this time, making the bulletin unavailable in mid-stride.

I want to buy a new car, new furniture, and make some home improvements. Eventually I also want to start my own company. All those things are extra risky without a green card.

I am also tired of the indignities I have to go through every year. Apply to renew EAD, have to worry about whether it will be approved before the current one expires. Travel with AP, get sent to the back room and wonder what interrogation will happen. Have to renew driver's license every single year, and because I don't have a GC I have to give up my existing one and go without a license for a month until they mail the new one.

Jack,
I feel your pain. As matter of fact, my PD (ROW) is just 3 months after yours and never be able to apply I485 until the May 07VB. So, you are already ahead of a lot of people.

Well, I have a similar view just like you. I don't have a strong intention that I must stay here in US or leave US. The only thing that worries me is the development (or limited development without a GC)... So, when the time comes, you will make that decision or force to make that decision.

But... without GC, it didn't stop me to buy a house, buy some new cars and get a new baby girl in the last few years.

So, to the point, I am actively shopping for a better development (and I will continue to do that even I got my GC). If there is a better development out there, I will take it (just like that)

Good luck. I had a feeling that many of you with the quoted filing date will get GC pretty quickly. At least a lot quicker than my case.

Jack

You dont have to wait till October. You may get your well deserved GC sooner than that.

I just read a topic in "I-485 General Issues" - Some ones friend with 9/2002 PD & 2007-RD got her GC approved recently. May be USCIS already (really) allocated visa number for cases and are just approving it.

Please wait. I truely understand your pain. I went thru almost the same. My PD is 2002 & 2003-rd. I just got my 5th EAD. My original plan was not to apply for EAD any more & I was planning to move out of this mess. I was really fed-up with yearly (infact every 9 months) EAD/AP renewals + Driver license renewals + employer dependency etc etc and could not dare to buy home etc. Luckily when my PD was current in June, I came out of the tunnel.

Friend, your time is soon.

If the USCIS is bent on making every legal immigrant unhappy (high demand countries & ROW), I wonder who is being made happy with the 60000 visas. Are those given to people with PDs of 1965 or 1975?

I am in this country since over 6 years now and this drama of retrogression continues despite 140000 visas given away every year albeit a few thousand unused here and there. Are LCs being used over and over again for GCs to be awarded to the same companies?

I saw a post by somebody announcing the GC approval with an EB2 PD of 02/2004.

I am hoping in a couple of years with state-wise PDs eliminated since April 2005 and sub-labor totally eliminated by 2008 (I know the deadline is 07/16/2007 because the USCIS and some lawyers will still have some scope for manipulation), the immigration system will be more streamlined.

Somebody should do something about the huge gap between the number of H1Bs and the number of GCs allotted to people from a country, especially India. When H1Bs are dual-intent, I wonder what percentage do not get lured by the GC prospects and not apply for LC!!

One thing is for sure, I am not quitting and I will urge my fellow immigrants also to have patience and sustain these waits.

Last edited by a moderator:
USCIS simply did not want to accept any more I-485s this fiscal year, so even though they could have kept the bulletin current and accepted the applications, they greatly accelerated the rate of approvals so they could use up the quota in June and then reject all new applications.

Their GOAL is to piss you and me off. They don't want legal immigrants to have a good time. So they will act in ways to make things more difficult, like sending FP notices to your old address and saying that you didn't show up so they can deny or delay your case. And using FBI name check instead of a more efficient background check system. And in past years, making tens of thousands of green cards go unused. And this time, making the bulletin unavailable in mid-stride.

Jack,

The above statement is true since this country is governed by business group. They neither want the worker bee to be happy at any period of time nor improve his financials.

i agree with you jack...

EAD is not same as GC.

* uscis can drive you crazy during the process by delaying EAD etc..

* you still have to use AC21 to change job....and your next job better be word to word same as previous one.......very difficult in many sectors.

* Until it is finally approved.....there is no sure way of saying that this process will end in such a such time.....its a total uncertain thing.......and with the current July VB fiasco.....only god can help us.

* the way usa economy is headed (quite opposite to rest of the world) i will not be surprised if usa slows down like japan for the next 5-10 years.....and levels off with other countries (china, brazil, india and many other countries are the countries to be in for the next 5 years)

i agree with you jack...

EAD is not same as GC.

* uscis can drive you crazy during the process by delaying EAD etc..

* you still have to use AC21 to change job....and your next job better be word to word same as previous one.......very difficult in many sectors.

* Until it is finally approved.....there is no sure way of saying that this process will end in such a such time.....its a total uncertain thing.......and with the current July VB fiasco.....only god can help us.

* the way usa economy is headed (quite opposite to rest of the world) i will not be surprised if usa slows down like japan for the next 5-10 years.....and levels off with other countries (china, brazil, india and many other countries are the countries to be in for the next 5 years)

What do you think will happen to those economies when the US economy, their largest trading partner, whose demand is driving growth slows down?
In a global economy, things will slow down together.

What do you think will happen to those economies when the US economy, their largest trading partner, whose demand is driving growth slows down?
In a global economy, things will slow down together.

Thank you , some people are buying into fantasies lol. :D