• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

February 2018 Visa Bulletin

Xarthisius

AFRICA: 17,700
Except:
Egypt: 12,400
Ethiopia: 16,600

ASIA: 4,400
Except:
Nepal: 3,875

EUROPE: 13,800

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS): 8

OCEANIA: 800

SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN: 800

AFRICA: 17,700
Except:
Egypt: 12,400
Ethiopia: 16,600

ASIA: 4,400
Except:
Nepal: 3,875

EUROPE: 13,800

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS): 8

OCEANIA: 800

SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN: 800

Hi @Xarthisius

The number for SA are normal at this moment? It seems like they are moving quick on this region or i could be wrong.

Hi @Xarthisius

The number for SA are normal at this moment? It seems like they are moving quick on this region or i could be wrong.

It was good progress this month on OC and SA. I do think there is a general "push" on for Venezuelan selectees.

The people of Venezuela are suffering under a president who is an unwise, unprepared con man (similar to the USA at the moment, but without the controls we have in place), and life must be very hard for people there.

If we look at quotas for DV2017, and look at results, it is clear that unused quota from other regions was moved to SA region - and within that region Venezuela got a HUGE bump in approved cases. If we translate that into human terms, I suspect that COs are rubber stamping applications through without being too picky about the details. It's the humane thing to do.

If that assumption is right, and they want to have a chance to do that again in DV2018, they will want to get SA to the higher numbers as soon as possible. However, it is less likely that there will be much unused visas, unless it comes from AS region.

Xarthisius pinged me about noticing a relatively high rate of refusal for Iranians (perhaps for the travel ban). If that were the case, AS region would need to be moved through the VB progress faster in order to "reveal" unused visas.

It was good progress this month on OC and SA. I do think there is a general "push" on for Venezuelan selectees.

The people of Venezuela are suffering under a president who is an unwise, unprepared con man (similar to the USA at the moment, but without the controls we have in place), and life must be very hard for people there.

If we look at quotas for DV2017, and look at results, it is clear that unused quota from other regions was moved to SA region - and within that region Venezuela got a HUGE bump in approved cases. If we translate that into human terms, I suspect that COs are rubber stamping applications through without being too picky about the details. It's the humane thing to do.

If that assumption is right, and they want to have a chance to do that again in DV2018, they will want to get SA to the higher numbers as soon as possible. However, it is less likely that there will be much unused visas, unless it comes from AS region.

Xarthisius pinged me about noticing a relatively high rate of refusal for Iranians (perhaps for the travel ban). If that were the case, AS region would need to be moved through the VB progress faster in order to "reveal" unused visas.

If that is true about Venezuela then it’s quite heartening to see. (And as you point out makes us happy for a decent constitution and court system.) It’s kind of sad that on the flip side the president tweets his support for “the Iranian people”, but won’t give them visas....

I know you’ve got this somewhere but forgive me some laziness :oops:, what kind of numbers do you think start getting unsafe for AF? (Non limited countries)

Hi @Xarthisius

I don't know, I'm too new to this game. However, if you look at the charts for OC and SA or Sydney and Caracas embassies respectively they're indistinguishable. Similar number of selectees, similar pace.

I agree in terms of suffering and in Panama we have hosted over 1,000,000 persons form Venezuela and Colombia combined due to the high numbers of migrants searching for better opportunities and a new life in my country. I would love to see someone expose how the DV Lottery is helping many people from Venezuela to escape their crisis, instead of focusing on one guy that was radicalize in the U.S.

I´m glad to see this bump on SA and this probably opens the door a little for those with high case numbers, still early to say.

If that is true about Venezuela then it’s quite heartening to see. (And as you point out makes us happy for a decent constitution and court system.) It’s kind of sad that on the flip side the president tweets his support for “the Iranian people”, but won’t give them visas....

I know you’ve got this somewhere but forgive me some laziness :oops:, what kind of numbers do you think start getting unsafe for AF? (Non limited countries)

45 - 47.