February 2007 Filing Thread

I applied 130 for my parents in Feb-07 and applied 485 in May-07.
I am from New Jersey.

However I got an email today saying :
On May 19, 2007, we transferred this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case. We sent you a notice of this transfer. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you."

Anyone else got this ?
What are the implications ?

Hi..im from NY
I applied I-130 for my parents last Feb 5, 2007
I got the same email too from May 19 (same day as yours) ... and got the same notice thru the mail 2 days after...

No news as of today

OK, I'm getting really impatient here. I just called the (mis)information line and the lady couldn't tell me anything. She couldn't even tell me if my interview appointment letter has been sent or not. :( She basically just read to me the status information that I can read for myself on the USCIS web site. :rolleyes:

Do you guys think I should make an infopass? It's been over two months since my fingerprinting and I haven't heard a peep from them since (no letters, no LUD changes, nothing). Didn't somebody here say that if you don't hear from them in 61 days, you should inquire? Well, it's been more than 61 days for me... Is it OK to make an infopass now, or will they just kick me out saying "you're within the time frame"? :rolleyes:

Thanks!

OK, I'm getting really impatient here. I just called the (mis)information line and the lady couldn't tell me anything. She couldn't even tell me if my interview appointment letter has been sent or not. :( She basically just read to me the status information that I can read for myself on the USCIS web site. :rolleyes:

Do you guys think I should make an infopass? It's been over two months since my fingerprinting and I haven't heard a peep from them since (no letters, no LUD changes, nothing). Didn't somebody here say that if you don't hear from them in 61 days, you should inquire? Well, it's been more than 61 days for me... Is it OK to make an infopass now, or will they just kick me out saying "you're within the time frame"? :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Sorry to hear that its just some DO just moves really slow. I would make an infopass since its pass 60 days already . . .

I'm going impatient about my green card. I got interviewed on 05/21, I got an LUD and an E-mail "Notice mailed"... the same day. Received the notice on 05/25, but nothing since. No LUD or anything... Problem being is that I'm moving in a couple of weeks...

I'm going impatient about my green card. I got interviewed on 05/21, I got an LUD and an E-mail "Notice mailed"... the same day. Received the notice on 05/25, but nothing since. No LUD or anything... Problem being is that I'm moving in a couple of weeks...

I was approved on 5/17 and received my card on 5/29. Wait for another week and you should have it.

OK. I just made an infopass appointment for next Thursday.

They better have some good news for me...

And, by the way, CONGRATULATIONS ashleythekitty! :D

Well, they do say 60 days for your GC to arrive... but it should not take that long. Unless you misunderstood them and you are stuck in name check?

But, what is the online status? Have you made an infopass?

Well, they do say 60 days for your GC to arrive... but it should not take that long. Unless you misunderstood them and you are stuck in name check?

But, what is the online status? Have you made an infopass?

The officer told us that "you should get the card within in two weeks as I am going to put it for production tonight" on 04/30.

We are just planing to wait for 45 days and make an info-pass after that.
Online status says just the application received on ....!

I was interviewed yesterday and got my stamp. But the online information hasn't changed yet. Shouldn't I get an e-mail saying that I-130 is approved and welcome letter is sent ?

I was interviewed yesterday and got my stamp. But the online information hasn't changed yet. Shouldn't I get an e-mail saying that I-130 is approved and welcome letter is sent ?

They don't always update the case status. So don't worry about it unless you do not receive your GC in a few weeks.

BTW, Congratulations! :)

Thank you Cart & ttinatl. I just got e-mails from USCIS saying that the I-130 is approved and that a welcome letter has been mailed out yesterday.

infopass

The officer told us that "you should get the card within in two weeks as I am going to put it for production tonight" on 04/30.

We are just planing to wait for 45 days and make an info-pass after that.
Online status says just the application received on ....!

Something similar happened to my wife. Officer told everything is clear. Nothing from USCIS. Later we took an infopass and we found out that the case is pending namecheck. The officers do not always seem to check the case before the interview!!!

The 1-800 number is pretty much useless for finding where the case is. It is a repeat of the online status you get. Infopass is your best bet.

Good luck.

Finally!

Got my interview appointment letter today! :D Update in my sig below. I guess I have to cancel my infopass now... :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, there's no way I'm going to get a stamp in my passport before I have to travel to Canada (so I will need a visa to get there), but at least I don't have to reschedule the interview, because I'm coming back on the 13th of July. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my interview appointment letter today! :D Update in my sig below. I guess I have to cancel my infopass now... :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, there's no way I'm going to get a stamp in my passport before I have to travel to Canada (so I will need a visa to get there), but at least I don't have to reschedule the interview, because I'm coming back on the 13th of July. :)

What is your current status in the US?

What is your current status in the US? I understand (not sure) leaving the US while a green card app is in process might be considered abandonment?? You have I-131?

What is your current status in the US? I understand (not sure) leaving the US while a green card app is in process might be considered abandonment?? You have I-131?

I'm on a current and valid H1B, so I don't need the AP to leave and re-enter the US. However, I do need a visa to get to Canada. If I had my GC already, or at least the stamp in my passport, I wouldn't...

Oh well, I'm still happy I got my letter today. :D