February 2004 interview - Mumbai Consulate

i think it should be ok, because you have the receipt from SSN office , and to be safer you should keep one copy of your old ssn card with you.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
guycp:

There is no strict rule around the timeframe for changing job after getting gc approval. Technically while taking gc candidate promises that he/ she will be in that job forever but that is not practical. And hence the rule of thumb says to play safe one should stick in the job for 6-12 months after gc approval to avoid hassles if and when applying for citizenship.

For Your Info

kd1403 and friends.
Ultimately my wife and kids got Immigrant Visa and entered into USA yesterday (March 14th 2004) along with me. The FTJ process started with application I-824 in August 2003. It is still not approved. Visa badger process started in first week of October 2003 and it worked. I am very thankful to this forum and participants.
As some of you knew that I went to India for Marriage Certificate (MC). We got our MC with lot of hurdles and went to consulate in first week of March. On first day, we showed up at 9.30 at Consulate but the consulate personnel said that we were required to be there before 8AM. So we went 7.50 on next day and she was allowed into Consulate. She was called at 3.40PM. That is after 7.30 hours after submitting the evidence documents. Interview questions:
IO: Where was your Marriage Certificate?
MW: It was there in the stack (She already submitted original and a copy of MC along with appointment letter)
IO: It was taken two days ago, but you were married long time ago. Why didn’t take MC till now?
MW: There was no need of MC till now. None of our family members have taken MC. Your office put my FTJ application in pending due to this document. Hence I called my husband and explained entire situation. He came to India immediately to fulfill the MC formalities. It cost him a bunch of money.
IO: Really, where was he now?
MW: He was waiting out side; I could go and brought him right now if you gave me permission.
IO: Not required. Is this MC fake one?
MW: NO. (frown)
(MW showed IO my physical GC. He checked it carefully and returned.)
IO: okay… I was giving you IV and you would get it in mail in couple of days.
(Returned all originals except marriage certificate. we received original MC along with passports.)
MW: Thank you sir…

Some of friends asked me some questions and I didn’t answer them because some good friends already answered those questions. I am thankful to kd1403, aug3102, asrini, and other friends. A special thanks to Mr. Rajiv Kanna for maintaining this web site.
I posted same message on different thread... I am sorry if I cause any inconvenience

:D :cool: :D

GCFeeling:

I am happy for you and your wife and that she could join you although you had to make that extra trip. I am sure you will agree it was well worth it.

Now enjoy GC and married life in usa.