February 2004 interview - Mumbai Consulate

Tax Transcripts for CP

Hi

I called 1800 of IRS to order Tax transcripts. They sent me a computer printed copy of my tax returns. Is this OK for CP or there is another way to get complete(detailed) Tax transcripts by paying $39 and filling some form to get transcripts ? Does this required for CP cases ???

Thanks in Advance
piska

gcchahiye:

1.Could you please fully detail what medical tests did they perform?
Answer: Blood test, MMR, Tetanus, Chicken Pox (if you have not had chicken pox in the past) plus the typical

==============================================

2.Did you have all the prior vaccination certificates? If not, what happened?
Answer: If no vaccination certificates then one has to take those vaccines unless one is pregnant or there are medical reasons not to take them

3.Is Hinduja the best for medicals? Why not Lilavati?Or Breach Candy?
Answer: All three are equally good. Just that breach candy is walking distance from Consulate and My Own photo studio hence you can do medicals and immigrant photos same day without having to take a 45 minute taxi from hinduja/ lilavati!

4.Where did you stay in Mumbai? If hotel, which one and how much did it cost?
answer: I will let someone answer this!

Whats the experience if POE is either New York,New Jersey, or Boston and how much time does it take to get the actual card at each of these places?( I am too lazy to search this forum )
Answer: It is averaging about 3-4 weeks to get the welcome letters from many of the POE's and another 2-4 weeks to get the physical cards. Although there are always exceptions to all rules where it is taking even longer!

Re: Tax Transcripts for CP

Originally posted by piska
Hi

I called 1800 of IRS to order Tax transcripts. They sent me a computer printed copy of my tax returns. Is this OK for CP or there is another way to get complete(detailed) Tax transcripts by paying $39 and filling some form to get transcripts ? Does this required for CP cases ???

Thanks in Advance
piska

I know they don't look very official but it their standard format
and you can carry them and will not have any problem.

Raju

hi,

What is the 1 800 number of IRS to order transcripts. Is it better to take those transcripts or copies of actual returns. Is there a charge to order the transcripts.

thanks

Requesting Tax Transcripts

I ordered my tax transcripts using the following form. IRS issued them for all the years that I requested them for and those were issued on IRS letterhead. The transcripts looked very official and were accompanied by a cover letter from the IRS.

http://www.irs.ustreas.gov/pub/irs-fill/f4506.pdf

Hope this helps.

hmmm...where was I ?

sorry guys....for delay

my wife got hit of name check.
my interview was over on 6th feb. Myself and my son were
cleared but my wife's name check clearance was pending.
so just kept quite and waited for two weeks. (i think last
time it was asharma...regulars know it ..he took 3 weeks, i was lucky
it took two weeks in my wifes case) on 20th it was cleared.
i went to consulate on 25th as I was out of mumbai before that.
Reached consulate at 7.45 , they took passports and gave me token and called me at 12.15 , reached at 12.15 ....they took my token..and called me at 3.30...reached at 3.30..waited in line.
at 4.05 I got my passports and packages for myself, wife and son.

at POE everything was smooth
got passports stamped.
now next steps...SSN and wait for welcome letter and card.
==========================================

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP guys!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sai,

Congrats and Have a Happy and Enjoyable Life in US.

Though there was a name check, I am glad that every thing went well for you...

sai999,
I was wondering what happend to you as I didn't see your message posted here. Good to know that the name check problem got resolved without much issues!

I am also waiting for welcome letter and card. Don't know how much time it takes for POE San francisco.I entered on 22nf Feb.

However,I got my SSN cards for both of us yesterday. I didn't go to any SSN office yet as everyone in the forum mentions, then how come I got the SSN cards? I am a bit puzzled.
Also the cards look exactly the same as the ones I already had.
Should it look same or there shud be any differnece?

VermontCP

sai:

HEartiest congrats to you and to your wife! I hadnt heard a lot about name checks until sept 03 and then since cannon576's case i have comes across at least once a month. Thank god that was taken care off soon!

vermontcp:

SSN card looks the same except that the new one should not have the work restriction legend "valid for work only with ins authorization"

Hi KD1403, Alren and Seniors,

Please help...........

My H1b is getting expired on may18,2004 and as I may need to travel abroad, I had applied for H1b extension on Feb24,2004 and later converted to premium processing on March 03,2004 and am hoping that it will get approved by march 18th 2004.

Am planning to go to canada for visa revalidation.

My question is, can I schedule an appointment now,i.e on march 6th or 7th for an interview on april 8th at a US consulate in canada(OTTAWA).

Thanks
ezdude

ezdude:

Yes you can schedule your visa stamping interview in canada but what happens if you do not get your h-1b approval in time for your interview? BTW...revalidation happens in usa and it is called visa stamping when you go outside usa.

also post this question in the h-1b thread to get more accurate answer since my answer is based on information from 6-9 months back!

Successful Int on Feb 18th

Guys,

First of all thanks for all your help guys, without this forum i dont think i would have had peaceful journey and CP. My CP was approved on 18th Feb and the interview was quite smooth. Only hitch for me was i took just 6 marriage photographs and consular asked me where is the priest and luckily i could figure out in one of the snap which he did't believe as priest was bit modern!!!

Please take enuff photographs with u with all janata in the picture!!!! apart from that it was nothing for me.

I entered SFO y'day and it was simple procedure as others.

Let me know if any one of u need any info. Also do I need to do anything now???apart from changing jobs???

guycp:

HEartiest congrats!

AS long as it was 6 marriage snaps with the same person it is fine! :D

Also do I need to do anything now???
Answer: Take your passport wiht 551 stamp, go to SSA office and apply for new SSN card so that you get the card with same SSN number but without the work restriction legend that you have currently. Expect SSN card in about 2-3 weeks. If you had dependents then they need to do the same i.e new SSN card or a new SSN number!

apart from changing jobs???
Answer: After you get the new job let us know so that some of us can pass on our resumes to you and you can get a referral. :D

A word of caution wait for 6 month at least prior to changing jobs!

vermontcp:
Good that you received new SSN cards, without approching
SSN office, but I went there last week and filled up
necessary forms. they took my old card.
Let me know when you receive your welcome letter.

thanks

Kd,

Hi Kd,

I agree with u. I checked with Consular and it states bring only first marriage photos not all!!!!!!!!!!

Is there a strict rule in changing jobs after u get GC? Would like to know......

Guys

Jigesh,
I got married in 1997. So the photograph issue is not related to ur year of marriage i guess.

Do I need to go to SSN office to complete formalities? What all documents should I take to SSN office..appreciate ur reply.

Guycp

I got married in 1997. So the photograph issue is not related to ur year of marriage i guess.

In case of recently married (say, within 6-8 months), they often ask for pictures/copy of invitation, etc. For your case, a bit surprising (to me)..thanks for your reply..also, if she had prior derivative visa stamp (meaning she is married to you), I wonder why they asked for pictures..anyway, it's their prerogative..

Do I need to go to SSN office to complete formalities? What all documents should I take to SSN office.

Yes (not compulsory, but very highly recommended). Previous SSN card, passports with greencard stamp (and photocopy of that page). You may fill out online form for new SSN and take printed form (if you don't, that's fine too as they will enter the same details on their computer). You will get a new SSN card by mail within 3-4 weeks (with the same number) but without any endorsement like "employment purpose only" that your current SSN card might have.

Last edited by a moderator:
sai and guycp:

I concur with jigesh 100% about SSN card but remember one should not surrender the old SSN card and the SSA authorities are not expected to ask for the old SSN card. Think of a scenario where your new card is delayed and old surrendered then you would be hosed hence there is no need to surrender the old SSN card to the SSA authorities