February 2004 interview - Mumbai Consulate

Interview Dates???

My Case was entered in Mumbai Consulate on 12/20/2003 and they assigned it BMBXXXXXXX number. Does anyone on this forum has idea about my chance of being interviewed in March ?

Originally posted by kd1403
greencardca, gcchahiye:

I had sent 4 emails to bbay consulate but received no response. This was between aug-sept 03.

As far as PCC is concerned, if you live in USA then only 1 pcc is required from the indian consulate and it should not be more than 18 days old. If you live in india then you need 2 pcc's: one from local police station and 1 from the regional passport office!

kd,

Is this something new ??? "should not be more than 18 days old"

completed medical yesterday
met vermontcp at hinduja.

it was smooth, completed blood x-ray
check up etc. at around 9.15 then went to
my own photo studio, took 8 photos for Rs250
collected photos in 30 minutes.

back to hinduja and after wait till 2Pm we got our
reports.

Looking forward for interview.

also one question for guru's
regarding birth certificate, can i have one affidavit
for two reasons. one is fathers misspelled name and another reason is place of birth where village name is needs some correction.

or two seperate for each.

presently i have one affidavit for both.

Thanks.

One affidavit should be ok...

You have to make sure that it has both father name and place of birth listed and spelled correctly.

Also make sure that you are taking your SSC certificate (or equivalent) which has your father name and DOB.

All the best for your interview.

sai999:

Normally 2 affidavits are recommended but i think 1 should work for the 2 reasons specified.

I concur with cpzinga on the point that you may want to carry your school leaving certificate too!

All the best and post your updates when you get a chance!

Guys,
I have completed my CP interview today!!!
Procedure was simple as mentioned in the forum earlier.
Met Sai999 at Hinduja on 3rdFeb and we went to "My own studio" together with our families in tow and also had lunch in a local Udupi near the consulate area! My spouse also picked up some "Mukhawas" from the local shop so the day went pretty well!
5th feb i.e today ( see how prompt I am in posting my messgae) we had the interview. The bad part was that I had to wait till almost 3 p.m to have my interview done. However,the good part was that I requested the lady officer to give me my immigration docs right after the interview as I had my flight back to calcutta at 5.30 p.m today. The lady officer was extremly good and she helped in facilitataing the process and I had all the docs in my hand around 3.10 p.m ( though they had a typo in my home addres which they said shud be fine and can be mentioned as a clerical error at POE). My inerview lasted around 2 min with gneric questions like where I studied, who is my petitioner etc. Got docs and rushed to the Mahalaxmi temple ,did a quick puja and rushed to the airport to catch my flight back to calcutta.

Guys, as others say, CP is the way to go. Now I am back to calcutta at my parnets palce and can spend 2 weeks of mental peace with them. Hope things go well at POE.

Thank you all for supporting me through out the process!
Hope Sai999 have a good interview tomorrow(i.e 6th feb).
Thanks again!

vermontcp,

Congrats and Hope you will have a Happy and Enjoyable Vacation in Calcutta.

Thanks for posting promptly...

vermontcp:

CONGRATULATIONS...live life king size. Take rest now as you have to cheer up Saurav Ganguly in India-Australia match tomorrow.

Dont worry about POE ... it will be equally peaceful.

Thank you guys!
I reached POE San francisco yesterday evening and everything went well. Got 551 stamped on my passport. Only had to fill out a form for address change as there was a typo in my addresss which Mumbai had put.
Do you guys know what is the wait time for Welcome letter as well as getting the actual card in San francisco?

Also,how I go for getting the SSN card?

Thanks!!!

Originally posted by vermontcp
Thank you guys!
I reached POE San francisco yesterday evening and everything went well. Got 551 stamped on my passport. Only had to fill out a form for address change as there was a typo in my addresss which Mumbai had put.
Do you guys know what is the wait time for Welcome letter as well as getting the actual card in San francisco?

Also,how I go for getting the SSN card?

Thanks!!!

Congrats. My personal experience with SFO is about 3 weeks
for the welcome letter and approx. 4 weeks for the card.

Look out for a cover which says 'P.O.Box :10765, Laguna Niguel,CA '.

Go to the nearest SS Admin. office with the passport and apply
for the new SS card. It comes in about 12 days or so.

Raju

vermontcp:

Congratulations!

Please reply for the following questions and excuse me if you feel some of them to be too naive.

1.Could you please fully detail what medical tests did they perform?

2.Did you have all the prior vaccination certificates? If not, what happened?

3.Is Hinduja the best for medicals? Why not Lilavati?Or Breach Candy?

4.Where did you stay in Mumbai? If hotel, which one and how much did it cost?

To everyone else:

Whats the experience if POE is either New York,New Jersey, or Boston and how much time does it take to get the actual card at each of these places?( I am too lazy to search this forum:rolleyes: )

I might have more questions later.

Thanks

guys,sorry to interrupt in your thread,but is there a CP tracker for cases (after I-140 is done) ? i couldn't figure out from your replies how long it has taken for your CP cases other than noticing that you get an interview 3 months after your case # is posted

Originally posted by GCChaahiye
Raju:

Please clarify.

( your remarks got anything to do with my post:confused: )?

I'm sure it is this
?( I am too lazy to search this forum )

:D

puhrince:

Here is the cptracker:

http://www.cptracker.com

This is not an USCIS site. It is a site maintained by an individual where many folks after I-140 approval enter there date information for reference! Hope this site is helpful!