February 2004 interview - Mumbai Consulate

Originally posted by vermontcp
Guys,
I am leaving tomorrow for my CP interview. They have sent a duplicate packlet to my parents place in Calcutta. My interview date as I have mentioned before is 5thFeb.

I am going to Cal and will leave for Mumbai on 2nd Feb evening.
Have my appt. scheduled for Hinduja. on3rdfeb.

I am a bit tensed about this whole thing but hope everything goes well.
I am not sure if there is anyone in forum who have an intevriew on the same date. If yes,then let me know...

Few quick questions:
1)After the intevriew,what are the things I shud collect (i guess they take some ORIGINALS from us before the interview)?

{Remember to collect, Original Birth Certificate (or) Non
Availability Certificate, Original affidavits of birth from parents,
Marriage Certificate (if applicable). You would only keep
copies of W-2s, pay stubs etc.

The above are the only originals that I can think of. Other
than this keep a copy of PCC, Employment letter from your
records.

2)What are things you shud look for when you go to pick up your passports at 3.30 p.m (I guess they don't stamp ur passorts) ?

{Check the name, address, date of birth for accuracy. The
only mark that goes into the passport at that point is
the cancellation of earlier visas. }

Thanks everyone for all the support & lastly PRAY FOR ME!!!

{Good Luck!}

Vermontcp

{my responses}

Raju

vermontcp,

we may meet at hinduja, my medical appointment is
on 3rd at hinduja.

Till yesterday packet4 has not reached my mumbai address.
february list is also not published :(
What happened its already 20thof Jan ?

good luck to you, i will be following you, my interview is on 6th.

Immigrant Visa Appointments..

Mumbai consulate might not publish the list of Immigrant Visa Appointments for February, 2004 until the Visa bulletin for February is out.. I am waiting for it to be published on the US department of state's website... The list is normally published around the 10th of every month.. Please post some information here if you have any details.. I am Family - 4 pref..

guys you may want to call the bbay consulate to get details of your case/ interview due to the delays in publishing the Feb interview list.

interview on 11th--aci140 case

hi, have an interview on the 11th of feb --had called up earlier in the month to check up. packet4 was mailed on feb7th according to the consulate. we are leaving from here on the 4th of feb. will pick up packet4 from there if we dont receive it here. we are doing medicals at lilavati on the 6th/9th.

does anyone have an interview on the same date? had sent an email to the consulate for pcc from india--no reply so far. has anyone sent such a similar email and got any reply back?

also does anyone know of any place where we can take snaps other than my own studio--looking for something in the andheri/bandra area.

thanks.

Re: interview on 11th--aci140 case

One of my friend just had a successful interview for AC140. So best of luck to you too. He had his interview on 01/20/2004.
His category was EB2. He is still in India enjoying...

Originally posted by greencardca
hi, have an interview on the 11th of feb --had called up earlier in the month to check up. packet4 was mailed on feb7th according to the consulate. we are leaving from here on the 4th of feb. will pick up packet4 from there if we dont receive it here. we are doing medicals at lilavati on the 6th/9th.

does anyone have an interview on the same date? had sent an email to the consulate for pcc from india--no reply so far. has anyone sent such a similar email and got any reply back?

also does anyone know of any place where we can take snaps other than my own studio--looking for something in the andheri/bandra area.

thanks.

Greencardca

U should receive your packet 4 by End of January before u leave.

I will prefer my own photo studio pictures. In my case, the consulate guys were asking the people to redo the picture but not the ones who were done by My Own Photo Studio.

Just a suggestion!!

had sent an email to the consulate for pcc from india--no reply so far. has anyone sent such a similar email and got any reply back?

I sent an email to Mumbai Consulate on 12/23/03 regarding the PCC, still waiting for the reply!

greencardca, gcchahiye:

I had sent 4 emails to bbay consulate but received no response. This was between aug-sept 03.

As far as PCC is concerned, if you live in USA then only 1 pcc is required from the indian consulate and it should not be more than 180 days old. If you live in india then you need 2 pcc's: one from local police station and 1 from the regional passport office!

Last edited by a moderator:
See the communication i had with Chennai IV. My PCC was issued on October 3rd. Do I need to Worry ?

------------------------------------------------------------------

We have not scheduled the appointment as yet. Your Police Certificate issued by the Indian consulate is valid for 6 months.

Visa Information Unit
American Consulate General
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600006
Tel. 28112060(direct)
28112000(board)

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2003 7:34 PM
To: 'Chennai, IV'
Subject: Immigrant Visa PCC

I am still in the US.

My case number is MDRXXXXXX and when should I expect an Interview date?

If my interview is in February, can I leave for India in early January and still use the PCC issued from Indian consulate in Houston?

The PCC from US is sufficient if you are still in the U.S.

Visa Information Unit

Hello :-

I have lived my entire life in India and USA (past 6 years) and have obtained a PCC from Consulate General of India in Houston. Do I need to get another PCC from the local police authorities in India for my Immigrant visa.

Thanks
xxxx

thanickel:

Since your appointment is not scheduled for february which means it will fall either in march / april depending on when the consulate created the case, I would advice you to aply for another PCC to play safe coz based on yor information your PCC is likely to expire on 4/2/04.

All:

32 Employment based applicants in Mumbai FEB interview list and 100 Employment based applicant in Chennai FEB list..I guess this is a good sign for those proceeding with Chennai consulate!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanickel:

Just read your other posting which shows that you are scheduled for 2/26/04 ...if that is true then you are within 6 months validity for your pcc and in that event you will not need to apply for anotehr pcc.

Kd, sorry for the confusion. I got this reply from Chennai IV sometime late in December.

According to that my PCC, which was issued on 10/3/03 will expire in 4/3/04 and I should be Ok for Feb 26th Interview.

thanickel:

All the best for your interview and as always share yoru experience so that those who are to follow get a feel for the interview.

Yes my interview is on 6th of Feb.
I have booked my tickets for jan end.
At present putting all the documents in place.

Thanks