http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2771.html

Employment-Based
Code:
            China        India
1st        01JAN03        01FEB04 
2nd        01APR02        01AUG01
3rd        22APR01        01JAN00
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/b...letin_2757.html

Well, 2004 for Eb1 INDIA..........One year jump for china!!!
Eb3 for india moved better than china!
Employment-Based

CHINA INDIA
EB1 01JAN03 (from01JAN02) 01FEB04 (from 01JUL03)
EB2 01APR02 (from01JUN01) 01AUG01 (from 01JAN01)
EB3 22APR01 (from01APR01) 01JAN00 (from01JUN99)

MrGC2004 said:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/b...letin_2757.html

Well, 2004 for Eb1 INDIA..........One year jump for china!!!
Eb3 for india moved better than china!
Employment-Based

CHINA INDIA
EB1 01JAN03 (from01JAN02) 01FEB04 (from 01JUL03)
EB2 01APR02 (from01JUN01) 01AUG01 (from 01JAN01)
EB3 22APR01 (from01APR01) 01JAN00 (from01JUN99)
I think April 2001 would be the biggest hurdle (yet) -- lets see when they'll move past that.

I don't like the fact that China EB3 moved only a few weeks (1 Apr 2001 to 22 Apr 2001) -- that indicates the potential backlog (due to illegal alien filings) that was created in April 2001.
Lets see how all this plays out .....

April 2001 is going to be the key ...

max2k1 said:
I think April 2001 would be the biggest hurdle (yet) -- lets see when they'll move past that.

I don't like the fact that China EB3 moved only a few weeks (1 Apr 2001 to 22 Apr 2001) -- that indicates the potential backlog (due to illegal alien filings) that was created in April 2001.
Lets see how all this plays out .....

Guys and Gals,

Unless EB3 for India and China moves past April 2001 we have little hope of rapid movement. Infact only when EB3 dates for all countries move past 2001 can we expect any sort of relief. It is so unfair to us legal immigrants. How could the government throw all the illegal immigrants into the same pool as EB3 legal immigrants. Its just ridiculous.

regards,

saras76

D. VISA AVAILABILITLY IN THE EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE CATEGORIES

The movement of Employment cut-off dates during the past several months has been greater than originally anticipated. This has been a direct result of low visa number demand by Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) for adjustment of status cases. It is not possible at present to speculate how soon CIS number use will significantly increase. Once increased demand does materialize, however, cut-off date movements will necessarily slow or stop

It seems EB3 hits late-April/01 245i bulk. Does anyone have idea how big is the volume of 245i cases in EB3 i485 pipeline?

No Speculation please ,it's CIS!

It's officially suggested by CIS that it's no possible to speculate the movement as it is CIS.Inspite of their best effort in past the date has moved up and to CIS's surprise, exceeded the speed limit.They will make sure to fix the system so that in future it should to slow or 0 Miles/Hr.When will that ? dunno,but we will try our best to have it very soon.

Folks please correct me if I have read wrongly the same feb bulletin. :D :D :D

saras76 said:
Guys and Gals,

Unless EB3 for India and China moves past April 2001 we have little hope of rapid movement. Infact only when EB3 dates for all countries move past 2001 can we expect any sort of relief. It is so unfair to us legal immigrants. How could the government throw all the illegal immigrants into the same pool as EB3 legal immigrants. Its just ridiculous.

regards,

saras76
I agree with your view saras ..... the entire April 2001 $hit is now about to hit the fan ....

Its really ridiculous that illegal folks were even allowed to apply for 485 - let alone putting them into the "legal" EB3 line.

485 filing should be strictly for people with clean immigration history (as if we don't have a long long list of legal immigrants waiting !!) - the illegal crowd should be allowed to do only CP(if at all).

Well - lets bend over and let them screw us even more -- god only knows what other crap would come on in the future !!

Our EB3 folks have not only been treated unfairly by the retrogression, because I know my friend whose priority date was more than 1 year later than the cut off date has already got the green card before the US government started this sort of retrogression, but also been penalized by always keeping our status legal. If they allow illegal aliens take visa numbers from a long line of legal EB-3 applicants, they shall increase visa numbers for EB-3.

EB-3
Priority date: January 27, 2002
I-140 approved in April 2004
I-485 filed in June 2004

approximate number of 245(i) cases

From immigration-law.com

February 2006 Visa Bulletin
* Small good news. The State Department reports that the USCIS demands for EB visa numbers have been very slow and until the demand increases, the EB visa numbers will keep moving forward.

* The EB-1 and EB-2 for India and China have progressed substantially. Even EB-3 has moved for India and China impressively. Worldwide is still stuck with the 245(i) cases. India and China EB-3 will also be stuck in April 2001 once their numbers reach the date because of the massive 245(i) cases which were filed on or before April 30, 2001 by illegal aliens to take advantage of 245(i) relief before the law sunset. Reportedly, these numbers reached about 345,000 plus their dependants of estimated 250,000 - 275,000. A substantial number of these cases are still left behind in the DOL Backlog Elimination Center. These cases have been moving extremely slow, but once the Centers pick up the speed, these cases will add a tremendous pressures on the EB-3 visa numbers as most of these cases have very early priority dates. Worse yet, the USCIS is expected to pick up the speed of EB-485 adjudication to meet the Bush's commitment to reducing processing to six months by the end of September 2006, which is only eight months away. There are a huge number of 245(i) cases which have yet to move into the stream of EB-3 I-485 rows which will eventually take out EB-3 numbers, constraining the progression of EB-3 numbers continuously.

* The family-based categories moved very slow but there were no dramatic retrogression in any categories. It should be taken a small good news.

* The immigration quota system is choked and will continue to be choked, unless a relief comes from the pending Comprehensive Immigration Reform legislation.

We need reform ...

Guys and Gals,

We can discuss this issue till the cows come home but the bottom line is that our only hope (EB3 applicants) is relief through legislation. If things are not changed then we will have to suffer for atleast 2-3 years. This will be for people with PDs in 01 and 02. I cannot imagine what will happen to EB3 PDs beyond 03. Are these people expected to wait 10 + years for their GC. If visa numbers are not added this year we should all consider alternate plans. Only those that are ready to wait indefenitely need not worry about this.

regards,

saras76

Let us all work together to improve this system. We should stop pointing fingers to the so called illegals(245i). We are all struggling for the same if you had a chance to interact with them you would know what they are also going through same have been in this country for 15 yrs and paying taxes too. All our only hope is the senate to increase visa numbers.

Maths for EB3

Please let me know if I am doing a wrong math here!!

My EB3 485 is stuck. My priority date is early 2002.

Now for a fiscal year the total EB3 visa available is like 40000. (28%of 140k)
The backlog for illegal immigrants is like 345k+250k (their dependants). That means 500k for them.

Now that means to clear these people alone it will take 12 years!!

Am I wrong ?

We should work together .. however ...

Ziri said:
Let us all work together to improve this system. We should stop pointing fingers to the so called illegals(245i). We are all struggling for the same if you had a chance to interact with them you would know what they are also going through same have been in this country for 15 yrs and paying taxes too. All our only hope is the senate to increase visa numbers.

Ziri,

I have nothing against the 245i applicants. They are hardworking human beings who are trying to do the best for themselves and their families. However, they should not have been put in the same visa category as EB3 applicants without increasing the EB3 numbers. If the government had created a separate category of visas for them then it would be fair. To throw 200000+ illegal cases into a pool of 140,000 yearly visas put aside for legal immigrants is ridiculous and unfair. Also there is a distinct difference between legal and illegal immigrants. No matter what the circumstances, illegal aliens have broken the law. Also very few illegals pay taxes. Why do you think the goverment jumps at the opportunity to make them legal. Once they do becomse legal the government can then collect taxes from them. There is always a reason behing everything.

How can 245i cases be equated to people who have applied legally? That is my issue ... again I have nothing against 245is but I do have issues with them being lumped into the same category as legal immigrants. Otherwise the goverment should not make any distinctions between legals and illegals. It is pure double standards on the part of the US government. They say that they support legal immigration and are against illegal immigration, however all their legislation and laws favor illegal immigrants.

regards,

saras76

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe ...

swas said:
Please let me know if I am doing a wrong math here!!

My EB3 485 is stuck. My priority date is early 2002.

Now for a fiscal year the total EB3 visa available is like 40000. (28%of 140k)
The backlog for illegal immigrants is like 345k+250k (their dependants). That means 500k for them.

Now that means to clear these people alone it will take 12 years!!

Am I wrong ?

If the projections about the number of pending 245i cases are right then it will indeed take a long time. The process needs to change.

regards,

saras

Illegal immigrants - Slap in our faces

Just imagine all these illegal immigrants having to go through FBI security checks. Their names will definitely choke the security system. I am sure they come from all spectrums of life, if you know what I mean. They already comitted a crime by coming into this country illegally and were granted amnesty.

I am stuck in name check for more than a year now and I know there are people who have been there for longer.

sunnycal said:
Just imagine all these illegal immigrants having to go through FBI security checks. Their names will definitely choke the security system. I am sure they come from all spectrums of life, if you know what I mean. They already comitted a crime by coming into this country illegally and were granted amnesty.

I am stuck in name check for more than a year now and I know there are people who have been there for longer.

That's true. Though I will be out of retrogression (PD -08/1999) from next month, I am not very excited about it. I was recently informed by my congressman that my FBI NC is still pending... :(

H1B quota crisis

Since the H1B quota shortage is getting to a crisis level, let's hope the legislation could adopt a solution similar to S. 1932 immigration packet.

eb3Ind said:
That's true. Though I will be out of retrogression (PD -08/1999) from next month, I am not very excited about it. I was recently informed by my congressman that my FBI NC is still pending... :(

Yes, thats true. NC is the big hurdle. Once people are current they will realize that.
I am already out of retrogression (PD: 10/20/2000) but still waiting.

Hi sunnycal,

Our I-0485 notice dates are quite close.
My PD(June 2001) becomes current in February. But I dont know what is the status of the Name Check. I still havent received a reply to the email I sent to FBI in June.

I guess a different kind of wait begins now.

gcsfo.

sunnycal said:
Yes, thats true. NC is the big hurdle. Once people are current they will realize that.
I am already out of retrogression (PD: 10/20/2000) but still waiting.