Feb 27RD.Approved - After contacting Senator.

sanju13

Registered Users (C)
Its my turnnnn...now. It says approved.

RD : Feb 27 /02
FP1 : May 06/02
FP2: Jul 27/03

Contacted Sentator : Nov 02 / 03.

Approved : Nov 10/03.

I didn't check my status yesterday as I always felt miserable after seeing same status for so long.

I will post my experience soon..

Going homeee!!!

-Sanju

Originally posted by sanju13

I didn't check my status yesterday as I always felt miserable after seeing same status for so long.

Going homeee!!!

-Sanju
Sanju Could you please tell us which state??

Originally posted by sanju13

Going homeee!!!

-Sanju

Sanju congratulations! Join the CITINZENSHIP groups. Are you sure is the Senator factor?? VSC is processing randomly up to August.

Sanju13

Wanted to findout about contacting Senator, your case was filed in VSC and you live Colorado, which state senator did you contact. I would appreciate if you could post the details.

I have filed from VSC in Feb02 my RD is 02/07/2002. I have given my 2nd FP in Aug03(08/15/03). I feel like contacting senator.

Thanks,

sanju13, which Senator(s) did you contact? I had contacted PA Sen. Rick Santorum's office but asked them to put the inquiry on hold hoping my case would be approved soon. It's 3 weeks since I did my 2nd FP. I'm wondering whether I should ask them (Senator's Office) to go ahead with the inquiry. What's your advise?

Meeting Senator works.

I went to see Senator Ben Campbell of Colorado on 11/02/03. His staff was really nice and warm.

I told his asst. that I have been living in colorado for so long. Here is the letter I took with me when I went to his office.

I got reply yesterday that we have forwarded your corrrespondence to BCIS and we will get back to you as soon as Senator's office gets answer from BCIS.( it was post marked on Nov 3 from Washington DC).

RE: Requesting assistance in obtaining status information from the BCIS.
(Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration services)

Dear Senator:

My name is _______, and I have been living in ______since Jan. 2000. It was recommended that I contact you concerning a problem I have been experiencing for a few years now. I filed an application for an Employment based Green Card in May 2001, but to this date I am still awaiting a decision on my case.

My Application for Adjustment of status (I-485) was filed on 27th Feb 2002. The notice says it will take 365-540 days to adjudicate this case. I have waited for 540 days but with no change in my status. When I inquired at the Vermont center regarding my case I was told that they could not tell me when my case will be processed.

Service deficiencies at the NCSC (National Customer Service Center)
The NCSC, the newly centralized customer service to provide applicants information on their case status, has been of little help. I have a Feb 2002 RD case, which has been pending for 20 months. I called the NCSC in June, and was told that the processing time would be 20 months. I was told to call back in October.
I called again this month (October) but unfortunately their response was that they still had no update on my status and could not tell me when that information will be available. They did, however, offer to send a query to Vermont processing center regarding my case. When I asked about this process I was told it would take another month before I would hear from them. The operator appeared to have very little knowledge of immigration policy. Finally I was able to talk to a supervisor, but his response was that to give me an answer on my case would require him to predict him future.

Due to the inefficiency and lack of customer service at the BCIS, I now find myself in a very difficult predicament. I am trying to buy a house in _______and settle down with my wife, but the ongoing insecurity over my status in the USA and the impacts this will have on my future make it very difficult for me to be a productive and permanent member of society. If you could please help me in any way it would be greatly appreciated. All I need is to know what my status is and if I can plan on settling down. Please understand that I would not have sought out your help if I did not feel that I had already exhausted all other avenues open to me.

For your information, I have attached a copy of my online status. I greatly appreciate your time in this matter. Here are my case details.

*** Dont forget to put your DOB and Alien# with Receipt #.

I hope this helps...

Good luck to all!!

-Sanju