Feb 2003 Chennai Consulate Tracker

txniw

Registered Users (C)
Please track all likely and confirmed Chennai Consulate interviews for Feb 2003.

My details:

AD: 8/24/2003
Interview: 2/19/2003.

Originally posted by txniw
Please track all likely and confirmed Chennai Consulate interviews for Feb 2003.

My details:

Which approval date is this? I-140 ?
And did you mean August 24, 2002

Good Luck with the interview.

Originally posted by txniw

My details:

Which approval date is this? I-140 ?
And did you mean August 24, 2002

Good Luck with the interview.

Feb 03 chennai interview

How did you get to know the confirmed interview date? Is this by e-mail or phone? thanks

Oops! It is supposed to be I-140 AD and I obtained my confirmation via email from Chennai consulate in reply to my enquiry about my Packet 3.

Thanks cpDelhi!

Interview date is feb 18th 2003

I have recv'd interview packet at my indian address ... in bangalore

details:
category EB2
I-140 AD 06/30/2002
interview date 02/18/2003

Question regarding financial statement from banks... is it ok to just carrying the bank statements ? or do we need to get some special letter from the bank ?

Interview date

Guys,

Would you please post as to when you came to know the interview date? Is it only when the consulate posts it on the web or can we know about it earlier?

All the best.

Thanks
-cdaddy

Re: PCC

Originally posted by khaleel
I have my interview in Feb.

i have send an email to Chennai consulate asking about PCC validity.
They told me that PCC is valid for 6 months.

I had sent e-mails to Mumbai, Delhi and Chennai US cousulates. Delhi and Mumbai clearly stated that PCC is valid for 1 year. Hence I assume the same will also be applicable for Chennai consulate.

I am not sure, what your e-mail from Chennai said. Did the e-mail from Chennai said "-- Applicants over age 16 whose passports were issued more than six months previous to visa application must also obtain a police clearance from the district police office serving the applicant’s current place of residence. "

The above statement doesn't apply to you if you have been in US since you got your last PCC. This statement is meant for individuals staying in India appearing for GC interview.

my PCC was issued on march 15th 2002 and my interview is on Feb 18 th 2003. I dont have much time to get PCC from indian consulate in USA. What are my alternatives ?
Your current PCC should hold good till March 14, 2003.

Anyway, if you have been in US since you got your last PCC from Indian Consulate then you should be able to get another PCC with in 3 to 4 working days. If you have been in India for a duration of 6 months or more, you might have some trouble.

Call/drive/fly to the Indian Consulate, if you think sending passport might be risky at this time.

could i get from Indian passport office ? or is it compulasary to get from indian consulate.
Indian Consulate takes 4 weeks to get PCC.:confused:

PCC is issued by Indian Consulate. I am not sure how the two are different.

Thanks & Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
FEB

I have my interview on Feb 18th but i didn't receive my appointment letter from Consulate to my US address.

did you guys receive any letter from consulate to your US address.

SInce we have to do medical examination before interview how much early should i go to india for interview on feb 18 th.

what should i do for interview letter? can i give them my india address or wait for appoint ment letter from them in US.

thanks

Call the consulate to verify the interview date

Originally posted by khaleel
I have my interview on Feb 18th but i didn't receive my appointment letter from Consulate to my US address. did you guys receive any letter from consulate to your US address.
Don't worry too much. First, go to the US Consulate web site and find if your case number is listed. If so, get a print of the web page and keep it with you. If not, call the consulate and verify your interview date.

Since we have to do medical examination before interview how much early should i go to india for interview on feb 18 th.
If you do have interview on Feb 18, make yur plans to be in India at least a week before the interview, so that you can take care of all the medical and other stuff. 10 days in advance will be a safe bet.

what should i do for interview letter? can i give them my india address or wait for appoint ment letter from them in US.
As mentioned above, check the website and call them if necessary. But don't wait for interview letter if you have a confirmed interview on Feb 18, 03. Start making your plans for travel.

And do post your CP milestone dates on cpTracker.com
Thanks & Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator: