Fbi Security Check Question.

boldlygo

Registered Users (C)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I had an interview with INS on July 28. I filed my application on March 14, 2004. Yeah, it was very fast. The INS homepage shows that the processing date for my district right now is March 4, 2004.
Anyway, I had an interview and passed the test.
Surprisingly, the officer said that he could not approve my application, because the FBI is still doing my background check on me.
What does that mean? He said, it 's possible the Nebraska Service center forwarded my file to the district office before they processed my file. But basically, he seemed not to know why, and even if he knew, he would not tell why.
I am really confused right now. I thought, the interview is given to only applicant whose background is completed.

Can somebody explain about my situation?
Also, when can I expect to take an oath?
Also, does this mean FBI found something bad on my record?
Last question, according to INS website, the processing date right now is March 4. And my receipt date is March 14. Does this mean, FBI did not even start background cheking my file?
How come I got the interview when my priority date is later than the processing date right now?

Thank you.

P.S.: I'm sorry about posting this thread again. I was trying to change the topic of this thread, but don't know how to do.

i am in the same boat

can u give any updates? I was at the Miami center and got exactly the same response....

My wife and I had interview couple of days before. She got the citizenship. I have been told that they have to wait for the FBI check. The officer told that it would be anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months. She said hang on tight.