FBI phone number

No Title

The failure rate of finger print is not negligible.
Be sure to check FBI about your FP result 2~3 days later.
Otherwise, it may waste you a lot of time waiting in vain.
The phone number is (304)625-5590, select "4" after connected.

No Title

I called FBI after my first FP, and it was cleared, since it ahs been 180 days from that date, maybe that\'s why they want to redo it, any way, I will do it. My real question is that does this mean some one is processing my case? Would that be approved soon? Thanks!

No Title

What FBI does for FP is quite straightforward -- criminal background check. It takes few days at most, then the information will be sent back to CSC. So once FBI told you it\'s clear, the ball should have been passed to CSC. Don\'t bother FBI then. They will not tell you if they found any of your blemish.

No Title

If FP is rejected because the quality of the print is not good, and information is transmitted to INS. is it good to go back again to the ASC and do the FP or wait to hear from INS again about the FP ( another long wait )

No Title

ASC doesn\'t allow you to redo FP without the INS notice.
You may try to get the notice from local INS office.
It was suggested by Ciba but I haven\'t heard any successful example so far.

If anybody has ever tried that, please post your experience.
Thanks.

No Title

Attorney faxed me the FP Notice and i took the faxed FP notice to ASC and they accepted it. I have the orginal copy of the Notice still with me , but appointment date is 01/25/00. i think i can try

No Title

sc708,

Some people have gone to the local INS offices asking for finger print
notices. It works, otherwise I would not dare to make the suggestion.
If the IIO refuses the request, try your luck again. You may get a
helpful IIO who is willing to help.

ciba

No Title

Thank you, Ciba,

I learned that you had suggested sriram_aravas to try it.
But he hasn\'t posted his experience yet.

Someone reported getting FP notice from San Jose office because his wife had received notice but he himself hadn\'t.
I haven\'t heard anybody obtaining FP notice from local INS just because his FP is rejected by FBI.

If anyone don\'t like to wait for months, it\'s worthy to try -- once the local INS is not too far away from you.

Thank you again, Ciba

No Title

SC708,

What works? Details please. :)

Wfegtj\'s wife\'s (can we write like this ) finger prints were
rejected due to poor quality. They went to the local office and
got another notice.

ciba