FBI Nmae check pending - police clearance letter

krupakar

Registered Users (C)
I had inteview at LA local office on march 2nd.
The lady officer was very nice. she verified all of my documents and said 'your name check with FBI is still pending, go to local sheriff offices where i stayed during past 5 years and bring police clearance letters and come back after 2-3 weeks'

I gave my first FP in june 2004, they retaken my FP again in July 2004.
Lady officer told me that both of my FP's was not readable , that is why i need to get police clearance letters from sheriff's office so that she would approve my case.

Does any one heard cases like this ?
Please advise as my attorney is hopeless/clueless in this regard.

Please share ur experience...

Thanks,
K'

krupakar said:
I had inteview at LA local office on march 2nd.
The lady officer was very nice. she verified all of my documents and said 'your name check with FBI is still pending, go to local sheriff offices where i stayed during past 5 years and bring police clearance letters and come back after 2-3 weeks'

I gave my first FP in june 2004, they retaken my FP again in July 2004.
Lady officer told me that both of my FP's was not readable , that is why i need to get police clearance letters from sheriff's office so that she would approve my case.

Does any one heard cases like this ?
Please advise as my attorney is hopeless/clueless in this regard.

Please share ur experience...

Thanks,
K'

So it sounds like 2 problems. One is that the name check is still pending AND that the FPs were rejected by the FBI as well. At least the local police clearance is enough for them to satisfy both issues. Have you found out whether this clearance can be done at the county sherrifs office or local city police dept? I'm wondering if this is a small fee based procedure I may just go do this and have it ready for the interview ahead of time.

hi

I got the police clearance form local Police Office.
They will ask you to fill a form . Got it within 5 days....
let me know if you need more info

AKY2004 said:
I got the police clearance form local Police Office.
They will ask you to fill a form . Got it within 5 days....
let me know if you need more info
AKY2004,
Did you go and get it in response to a request by USCIS or some other reason?

AKY2004,
Ok, thanks. So they said it was ok to use just the local police department letters? I did some queries and it seems that the area police departments are not linked so getting a report from one city is just for that city and not any other cities in the metro area. My city will also only do a name check and not a fingerprint check. We've lived in the same city for our entire duration here. I'm wondering if the county sheriff's office would provide a clearance letter that would cover all the metro area cities?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I was asked get police clearance letters from city of torrance and Los angeles. When i approached LA sheriff's office they told me that only Norwalk sheriff head office will issue police clearance letter for INS related matters and they might charge $ 43.00 to give that letter.

Iam going there tomorrow morning, I will post more details may be tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks,
K'

I submitted police clearance letters longback, FBI namecheck is still pending, given FP second time last month.

I don't know how long i have to wait still......

Please share your experiences with me....

Thanks,
K'