FBI namecheck problem

agonzalez22

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I have my AOS interview for September. I have been reading that a lot of people get stuck in the FBI name check status.

I have a problem, there is a person with same first name, last name and birth date as me that has a warrant for arrest. When I enter the US, immigration always crosschecks me and I lose my flight connection due to waiting in the immigration room.

Also when I was hired at my current job, they performed a background check and I failed the name check. They had to go deeper and find out that the person with the warrant was not me and they approved me.

I have a question on the FBI name check. How thorough is it? If the name check fails is it an instant denial or do they check more deeply? Anything I can do about the situation?

Thanks

They check very deeply. That's why the FBI name check takes so long for some people. They'll definitely figure out that you aren't the same person as that suspect, although it may take some extra time. However, the fact that you have an interview is a good sign, since they usually don't schedule the interview before your name check is done.

I guess by now you always schedule at least a couple hours gap between flights?

FBI checks are very thorough and in your case it will be all the more strict. But as mentioned in the previous reply, it is indeed a good sign that you have been scheduled for an interview. It is an indication that all background checks have been completed to the satisfaction of the FBI and you appear to be cleared. You may be asked to clarify during the interview( May be!), but then that will not be much of an issue. Good Luck!!