FBI name/record check

x0w5136

Registered Users (C)
I am trying to get an answer by posting this question again. According to FBI my name check has been completed as of mid August and they have forwarded the results to USCIS. (I sent a fax inquiry to FBI earlier and received an email from agent Hardy). But according to TSC they have not received the results or their system has not been updated with that info. My question is, and friends please shed some light on this please as I am getting to the point where I am almost going insane, how long does it take for USCIS to receive those and update their system?

I believe we all understand the situaiton you are going through,

You have choice to fax the email but you know it it wouldn't work because they are not going to believe what you are saying or sending they will look into their system.

Allow me to give one example.
Are you familar with Derivate relative? the spouse and Childern of GC Holder. you know when even person got G.C approval + PP stamped + Plastic Card. and PR record created, there is pettition called 824 that took (around 6-12 monhts to approved) to just send the duplicate copy of your approval letter, or confirmation of Permanent Residency to home country Consular to get family to get Img visa. even u send copy of everything they would still seek into their system to take any further action.
I know its different story but this is the example of System. Untill the entry is not posted in their system you even send F.B.I letter head ...for TSc its meaningless.

second is they not only check where u called. but ppl shared that they do have many divisions to process the name-check. and if any single thing need to manual / human check... it probabley would take time....

I am not trying to disappointment you, I always encourage ppl to step ahead and do whatever they can. so Believe on him (God or whatever you believe) pray, be hopefull and sit tight.

If you feel convenience Would u you share with us ur RD/ND .. and tell us how did TSC confirm you that they haven't received yet?

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
x0w5136 said:
I am trying to get an answer by posting this question again. According to FBI my name check has been completed as of mid August and they have forwarded the results to USCIS. (I sent a fax inquiry to FBI earlier and received an email from agent Hardy). But according to TSC they have not received the results or their system has not been updated with that info. My question is, and friends please shed some light on this please as I am getting to the point where I am almost going insane, how long does it take for USCIS to receive those and update their system?

I was told that my application is undergoing FBI Name check.
Can you please tell me the numbers to contact FBI to find the status of the name check? What information needs to be given?
Thanks for your help and I wish you a quick approval!

do a search on this forum and you will find the FBI fax number (ends with 3677 I think). You need to include your contact info, name, date of birth, A#.

The fax number is 202-324-3367. What I heard was that they reply to you pretty fast. But I have already sent two faxes on 9/3 and 9/10 respectively, so far nothing yet.

I am also waiting for Name check . I am April 2002 filer and last week i had an interview in Atlanta. Interview went well but at the end they said they are waiting for Name check, so they can't approve my case.. I asked them how long it will take, they mentioned anywhere between 3 months to 6 months. I searched name check threads in this forum. I saw one thread in citizenship forum, there people are waiting for more than one year for Name check. I don't know for 485 pending cases they do it faster or it is same for everybody. If it is same for everybody, we will have to wait for more than year, not sure. If anybody has any idea regarding time period please share it.

Got letter from FBI: record check

I had phoned up the name check dept, with no responses.
Then i started sending faxes to them every 10 days, since this month. Finally got letter from them, stating my record check was completed in Dec. 2002, and send to Texas CIS.

So i think they generally respond in about 15-20 days. Good luck. :)

Has USCIS received name check result?

How long did it take? I'm in the same boat.

Thanks for the update.

x0w5136 said:

Hi texasbig,

Everyone are aware of that one, searching in the form.

If you have quick link or draft it is better post-it for the current trend.

If you have it post it other wise don't reply to any of the messages and waste the form space.

BaSh

Type "FBI name check" to search

Name Check
Name Check

You can find more.

Normally I don't remember the link, nor do I save the link some where. I have to search it first then post them. So I gave you suggestion to search, it's an easy reply but it's very powerful and I think is more helpful than just giving a link.

BaSh said:
Hi texasbig,

Everyone are aware of that one, searching in the form.

If you have quick link or draft it is better post-it for the current trend.

If you have it post it other wise don't reply to any of the messages and waste the form space.

BaSh