FBI name name check status response rate

Unusual535

Registered Users (C)
I am just wondering how long have people here been waiting to get a reponse from FBI, after emailing them to find out the status of their name check. For those who were lucky to receive a response, how long did it take for them to respond?

Unusual535 said:
I am just wondering how long have people here been waiting to get a reponse from FBI, after emailing them to find out the status of their name check. For those who were lucky to receive a response, how long did it take for them to respond?

As of some time October-November last year, FBI doesn't respond to name check status requests period.

I guess, i posted similar question to see if there are any stats on the how many get stuck in the name check and for how long. will wait to hear feedback from this forum.

RealSuperK said:
As of some time October-November last year, FBI doesn't respond to name check status requests period.

I am not sure how accurate that is, because when you call their number they tell you to write to such and such email address and they will respond within 10 business days. That has not happened yet. I would expec for them to at least change that phone message to saying that you cannot request this information anymore.

I have been asking the same question but got no replies. But now I have my own case to talk about. My interview was last month and I was told my name check was not complete. I just received (today) a letter to show up for the oath ceremony. I am assuming that means my name check is complete.

My wait, therefore, was slightly under a month.

banjo said:
I have been asking the same question but got no replies. But now I have my own case to talk about. My interview was last month and I was told my name check was not complete. I just received (today) a letter to show up for the oath ceremony. I am assuming that means my name check is complete.

My wait, therefore, was slightly under a month.

Congratulations! Can you tell me what state you are in? I am in NY and it seems to take forever.

Hi Banjo!

That is good news on your name check. Did you interview in Fairfax as well?

I had my interview yesterday, everything went well, got 'approved' yet not approved quite yet because of "name check pending". The officer said I should get my oath letter in four to five weeks.

Hm, that sounds about right in your case, so I will keep my fingers crossed as well to get my oath letter at some point in July or early August.

Cheers!

Nico