FBI name check

Salam Khan,

I'm scheduled soon for the interview, wondering what questions they ask normally, do you remember yours?

Best,
Kingn

Walaikumasalam Kingn. This is what I was asked for the English/Civics test:

1. Please write on a piece of paper "We pay taxes".
2. Now read "The government is for the people"
Next answer these questions:
3. What is freedom of religion?
4. How many senators are there?
5. Ocean on the east coast of the United States?
6. One state that borders Canada?
7. When was the declaration of Independence?
8. When does one have to register for Selective Service?

I believe the intent is to ask 10 questions but will stop as soon as you have answered 6 correctly. If you practice the 100 standard questions, you should be fine. More details on my interview experience at the Seattle office here:

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/seattle-do-n-400-timeline.189671/page-52#post-2444407

Best of luck.

I had requested an FOIA on my case an year and a half back and the last entry on my case summary page says: "no reason to deny citizenship application" but then looks like it is sent back again for name checks.

My N400 case is stuck in background check. I have been waiting for 13 months. I have not received any update since I provided my biometrics. I am planning to request FOIA on my case. Did you file FOIA with USCIS or FBI? How long did it take them to respond to your FOIA request?

My N400 case is stuck in background check. I have been waiting for 13 months. I have not received any update since I provided my biometrics. I am planning to request FOIA on my case. Did you file FOIA with USCIS or FBI? How long did it take them to respond to your FOIA request?

Hi Algorithm, I believe I filed with Dept of Homeland Security > USCIS. If you google 'how to file FOIA' you should find relevant links. You should end up on USCIS's website with instructions on how to file and where to mail your letter to. I believe there is a form G-639 that you can fill out but that is optional. A simple letter requesting a copy of your FOIA file should be sufficient (I did use the form since it was fairly simple).

It took about 8 weeks to receive my records, mailed to me on a DVD in the form of a pdf file.

Hello everyone -

Long back during GC processing, I got stuck in FBI name for more than 2 years and finally it got approved in Dec 2007.

Now I have applied for n-400 in the Jan, 2017 - and again looks like my name is stuck in name check..

However, my child is turning 18 in august and can some one please tell me if there are any ways to expedite the process??

Thanks! - I really appreciate your help!

Hello everyone -

Long back during GC processing, I got stuck in FBI name for more than 2 years and finally it got approved in Dec 2007.

Now I have applied for n-400 in the Jan, 2017 - and again looks like my name is stuck in name check..

However, my child is turning 18 in august and can some one please tell me if there are any ways to expedite the process??

Thanks! - I really appreciate your help!

I don't think you can expedite name checks with FBI. I could be wrong and others can correct me.

Hello I had my n400 interview almost 6 months ago at which they told me they cannot make a decision yet. I assume the hold up is due to a possession of marijuana (under a gram) and paraphernalia charge I had back in 2008. (This was disclosed during the interview for my i485 back in 2013) however during the interview the officer asked me if I had ever filed an i601 with my previous application for green card which I haven't because my lawyer then never instructed me to do so. Since then I have never been in any kind of trouble. Is it advisable to send field office a letter of intent to file a wom?