FBI Name Check

ebebeb1

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys
I have a question regarding the name check.
My wife and I filed for AOS in July end under my then pending NIW I 485 application. AT the beginning of October I received I140 approvals for both EB1 and NIW and I accordingly filed new I485s on 10.18.07 under EB1 as this was current for India.
I called USCIS today under POJ method and TSC told me that my name check is clear but not my wife's.
Did the NC/BC process start with the NIW I485 filed in July or with the EB1 filed in October. The reason I am asking this question is just to know whether the NC process has been pending for too long.
Finally does anyone know what is the usual time for the NC to come back clear (if there is a usual time)

Did you have to go for fingerprints once or twice? i.e. did you get FP notices when you applied the second time? Also, which did you give the IO the receipt number from the first or second I-485?

Usually, the procedure is to (sort of) combine requests for FBI checks for applications sent within the same year or 15 months. For example, if you apply for I-485 twice in the same 3 months, the USCIS may attempt to initiate a second name check for the second application, but the FBI's policy is to return to USCIS whatever result it got for any other application for the same person received in the previous 15 months (or 12 month, I can't remember now). If the FBI got a second request for the same person in a very short period, it will automatically return the result it got the first time. As such, your namecheck delay is most probably based on your first I-485, which in turn affects your second.

Last edited by a moderator:
how are your A#s, If they are same, then the results would be portable by USCIS, otherwise there is a chance that both(or one) would be pending. I am in exactly in the same boat, 2-1485s, spouse name check is done and mine is pending; to make things worse, two A#s (NIW and EB1)