FBI Name Check

Purplefish

Registered Users (C)
Hello..

I filed my I-140/485 concurrent more than 9 months back and now I-140 is approved. I have done my fingerprints 3-4 months back, and saw LUD change on the finger print day and the next day. After than no LUD change on I-485. I wonder if my name has been cleared in the FBI name check.

How can I check if the name check has been cleared. I am from Texas Service Center. Anyone else in the same status. The receipt date of my I-485 is before the current USCIS TX processing dates - but still no LUD change. Please suggest if someone else is in a similar situation.

Thanks a bunch...

My husband and I filed our I-485 applications on November 30 2004 and have had similar experiences. Our I-140 petition was approved by the time we filed the I-485 at the VSC. We got our fingerprinting done on March 15th 2005. The LUD on our cases changed to and continues to be March 23, 2005...which is on account of the fingerprinting clearance that was communicated and noted on our apps. But thereafter there have been no updates. I called at the number available for fingerprinting check confirmation and the lady said that the results were ok and relayed the same day to VSC, however, I would need to call the FBI NNCP number to find out the status of the other security check that needs to occur. The case status on USCIS does not even reflect the fact that the fingerprinting stage has been crossed (for some folks it does). The FBI NNCP program as you know no longer entertains phone calls, so I emailed them after waiting till August 2005. As you must have read about the wait-time in other posts, there has been no response to the email...I am told there is a 6 month average wait time even for that. Anyway, persistent, I tried juggling through some random numbers in the FBI NNCP DC office and got through to the receptionist, who after assuring me that a 10 month delay wasn't unusual and that folks have to wait a couple of years sometimes, at least told me that the FBI analysts were working on the 2002-2003 files; now my PD is in July 2003 and my notice date is in 2004, so I don't know which one applies. Meanwhile, in October 2005, the India EB-2 category retrogressed to Nov 99 (Currently is at Jan 01 2002, thank god). Fortunately, the VSC processing time for I-485 went 30 days past my notice date so I was able to refer my case through the customer service at USCIS for an inquiry at VSC and of course got a response 45 days later that my case was delayed because of mandatory security check. Now the anticipated processing time for I-485 cases is 365-540 days at VSC for EB apps and for me that will be May 30 2006, if the security clearance comes through by then, it would be great and I am not sure if my PD wud be current by then too. Meanwhile have also made a FOIA request to FBI to get records on me in the Central Record system serving NNCP to see whats wrong. Frankly, keep inquiring on your case every 60 days after its past processing time, email that NNCP address, take help of ur state senator...those are the ways!!! Hope this helps, I really needed to vent tonite!!

If you find another novel way to obtain the information, please do not forget to share it with me...can use all the help I can get.

Last edited by a moderator:
abhathakur said:
I called at the number available for fingerprinting check confirmation and the lady said that the results were ok and relayed the same day to VSC, however, I would need to call the FBI NNCP number to find out the status of the other security check that needs to occur.

Abha,

What is the number for fingerprint check confirmation. I haven't seen an update for finger print after 4 months.

Thanks.

#@****@#!**&&$$%%%@@###!#$@##@

I took Infopass to finf information about FBI NAME CHECK. He said It is not completed. I asked him What whould I do to Expertice on my case. He said nothing. I have My FP on may 17 2005 Still FBI NAME CHECK is NOT COMPLETED.

%$%$%$$%######(&$*&@^@*^$E*@($^**@^#$

Except this I can't do nothing. I HATE USCIS.

houston2005 said:
Abha,

What is the number for fingerprint check confirmation. I haven't seen an update for finger print after 4 months.

Thanks.

I believe it is this number, FBI Fingerprint Status (304) 625-2000

USCIS_GC_APPRO said:
I took Infopass to finf information about FBI NAME CHECK. He said It is not completed. I asked him What whould I do to Expertice on my case. He said nothing. I have My FP on may 17 2005 Still FBI NAME CHECK is NOT COMPLETED.

%$%$%$$%######(&$*&@^@*^$E*@($^**@^#$

Except this I can't do nothing. I HATE USCIS.

Dont loose hopes. Try through your congressman/senator or aila. You can make it happen. I made it happen mine. I did send a request to my senator, and I asked my lawyer to check with them. Within 2 weeks I got mine cleared.

Thanks for Support.

Can tell me how and what did excatly That way I can do it too.

Thanks in advance.

baski555 said:
Dont loose hopes. Try through your congressman/senator or aila. You can make it happen. I made it happen mine. I did send a request to my senator, and I asked my lawyer to check with them. Within 2 weeks I got mine cleared.

USCIS_GC_APPRO said:
Can tell me how and what did excatly That way I can do it too.

Thanks in advance.

Go to this site, http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

and find out who your state senator is. They will defenitely have a local contact info. Call that office and ask for some one who can help you with the immigration issues. From my exp I learnt that every senator/congressman has a person dedicated to deal with immigration issue.

They will ask you to fill out a form to release your info, which is called some privacy act.. etc. And if that form does not have a place to put your question, send another letter. I did fax all my letters to them. They will reply you a letter, or else call them often. Find all these out and if you want I can send you a sample letter I made to send to our senator to find out about FBI name check.

My senator replied me within 2 days with the reply from USCIS. And within 4 days when I asked my lawyer to contact USCIS he found out my NC is cleared.

Can I have the letter that You had sent to Senator

baski555 said:
Go to this site, http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

and find out who your state senator is. They will defenitely have a local contact info. Call that office and ask for some one who can help you with the immigration issues. From my exp I learnt that every senator/congressman has a person dedicated to deal with immigration issue.

They will ask you to fill out a form to release your info, which is called some privacy act.. etc. And if that form does not have a place to put your question, send another letter. I did fax all my letters to them. They will reply you a letter, or else call them often. Find all these out and if you want I can send you a sample letter I made to send to our senator to find out about FBI name check.

My senator replied me within 2 days with the reply from USCIS. And within 4 days when I asked my lawyer to contact USCIS he found out my NC is cleared.

Hi Baski555,

I would really appreciate you if you could mail me, as a private message, the letter that you had sent to senator since I wanted to check whether my name check got cleared or not through senator office.

Thanks in advance

Baski555,

Can you please email me the sample letter you sent to Senate....

Thanks in Advance

Abha

Thanks.

Does every 485 application has to go thru name check?. If it does, then we are looking at another huge backlog which is even worse than the current retro.

Letter to senator

Here it is. Please modify as you wish.

xxxDate

The Honorable Senator xxx(FullName )
xxxAddress

Sub: Request to expedite Name check clearance from FBI

RE: Applicant’s Full Name:
Social Security Number: Type of Application Filed: I 485
Alien Registration Number: Receipt Number:
Date of Birth: Place of Birth:

Dear Senator xxx(LastName):

Thank you very much for your immediate response for my inquiry to find out the status of my application with USCIS.

From your inquiry and from USCIS personal I found out that my name check is pending from FBI since xxx (date/month/year). My Priority Date is current in the March Visa Bulletin, but my case will get approved only if my name check is cleared. I would like to get my name check cleared from FBI ASAP. Please help me to get the name check cleared from FBI.

In addition to that, I have been told by the USCIS personal that, occasionally name check request from UCSIS didn’t t make it to the FBI to respond. So I am requesting to find the status on my name check case from FBI and expedite the process.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me, if you need further information on this matter.

Sincerely

xxx Name
Xxx Address
Xxx Phone Number

Case Details:
Mention about when 485 was filed, PD details, I 140 details, if you have replied for RFE, include the details.

houston2005 said:
Abha

Thanks.

Does every 485 application has to go thru name check?. If it does, then we are looking at another huge backlog which is even worse than the current retro.

Yes, based on a report that Berkeleybee sent to me, I determined that there are 4 kinds of security checks that are conducted on I-485 applications. The IBIS check and FBI fingeprinting check take an instant and 2 days respectively. It is the FBI name check and CIA security check, the prior to determine criminal history and the latter to determine terrorist history, that take the longest time. FBI name check at its worst can take several years (mine is close to a year now) and CIA check takes a year too...those are things that cause processing time overruns on I-485 applications...that is why the 365-540 day processing time specification at least for VSC applicants like me....add to this the retrogression wait (which if it runs in parallel then no problem) but if it prolongs the wait, then your I-485 processing can take 3-4 years!!!

why will we see a backlog now??.......since now people cannot file 485 because of retrogression things should be smooth now....

there will be a huge backlog if in future people are allowed to file 485 irrespective of Priority Date

help

Dear all, I need help, pls help. I have been stuck in FBI name check for over 3 years. I got interviewed for I-485 over an year ago (my US citizen wife sponsored me), but no approval due to name check. Tried everything (senators, writing to USCIS, FBI nothing helped.

Problem is I may need to move for work to another state. Would this further delay my case. CAN I MOVE YET FILE THE WRITE OF MANDAMUS LAW SUIT IN MY PREVIOUS STATE (the state where I initially filed)???

Since the delay is well over 3 yrs and the processing schedule for the state I am in is only a little over 1 year, I think I should file for the writ of Mandamus.

Please advice. THANKS!

adobeaxcess said:
Dear all, I need help, pls help. I have been stuck in FBI name check for over 3 years. I got interviewed for I-485 over an year ago (my US citizen wife sponsored me), but no approval due to name check. Tried everything (senators, writing to USCIS, FBI nothing helped.

Problem is I may need to move for work to another state. Would this further delay my case. CAN I MOVE YET FILE THE WRITE OF MANDAMUS LAW SUIT IN MY PREVIOUS STATE (the state where I initially filed)???

Since the delay is well over 3 yrs and the processing schedule for the state I am in is only a little over 1 year, I think I should file for the writ of Mandamus.

Please advice. THANKS!

Are you an employment based applicant? if you are, your GC application is for a future job. So long as eventually you can say in good faith that you will work in the state and for the company and in the position and for the salary specified in the Labor Cert, it is ok.

My senators, Mass, aren't helpful at all. They refused to talk to FBI even for checking the status for my case. My NC was initiated in Jan. 2004 and my
PD is current since this feb. I contacted my congressman's office and filled out the privacy act form and wait. I don't now if this will have any impace on FBI's processing my case. I'll post updates.

baski555 said:

adobeaxcess said:

Please advice. THANKS!

Yes, file your mandamus where ever your file is at present. But, if the file is transferred, then it might be slightly different. Not sure about that. But what ever it is; i think u should do it fast before they try to make a new law making the "manddamus" ineffective. Just a personal opinion thought analysing the present situation.