FBI Name Check

neversay_never

Registered Users (C)
I recently wrote an email to FBI for status on my name check and didnt receive any reply, does anyone know, how long before you get a reply from them?

I wrote to fbinncp blah blah address..

Three and half years and still waiting....

Thanks for your time in reading this post and may be replying...

Hi Frodo,

I see that you have been waiting for a long time too, do you know why?
Is it because of Namecheck, if I could know, please???

Same here

I'm waiting for same reason from January 2002. And FBI sent me letter in October 2004 saying that they already forwarded our file to USCIS, Washington DC in January 2003.

So we went to LOCAL uscis office with email and INS officer keep telling me that my case is still pending with FBI. SO that email didn't helped at all.

I'm sending inquiry every month but no movements/updates in case status.

Piyushind
RD 01/07/02
ND 01/10/02

neversay_never said:
Hi Frodo,

I see that you have been waiting for a long time too, do you know why?
Is it because of Namecheck, if I could know, please???
Yes, the delay is due to name check. In my case, the FBI has acknowledged that my name check is still with them. They received the request for my name check from the USCIS in Dec 2003, and as per March 05 FBI email response, it is still pending. Incidently my wife's security check was received by the FBI in Dec 2002, and was processed and sent to the USCIS within a few days.

According to my congressman, everything is fine with my file, and once the name check comes thru I should be approved.........

I know the INS Officer who deals with my case, but she has only so much powers, because the FBI has to clear my name, for her to approve my GC.

Evidently, my wife is all clear, except me. I am not sure what to do and where to go from here. Is there no future to us? Why is the destiny so unclear? oh well...sorry showing out my frustation.

I guess, I want you to guys to post any information if you hear anything at all with your cases, obviously we have waited so long and I wonder how many people are there like us...and since we are the ones left out in the middle of ocean, we have to help each other.

Wishing you both good luck............

buddy,

Sorry to heasr about that..Have you tried contacting FBI higher-ups like Mr. William Hooton..? FOIA request etc..

I am just doing the same because my name check has been pending since last April. In terms of my filing date, it is just 1 year old. My PD is current and I am not sure what's happening with my case.

Is the name check email working?

Has anybody tried the "fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov" email recently? I tried yesterday and today but keep getting delivery failure notices.

NSC is probably not yet close to my dates, but since the FBI takes a few months to respond to name check queries I though I would send the email now and get it over with.