FBI Name Check

PRUSA said:
Kulfi, what is return e-mail address on the FBI reply?

Sent : Wednesday, February 2, 2005 2:06 PM
To : "xxxxxx" <xxxxxx@hotmail.com>
Subject : RE: Enquiry to see if my Name check is over

Hi all,
just received email from David Hardy office that my name check is over on 7th feb, 2005. They respond to my postal mail sent on Jan 17th 2005. I had already sent few emails in Nov,Dec...but seems like snail mail worked. My name check was pending since 7th Jan 2004.

Folks,

My FBI name check is pending for months . I would like to send a email to FBI to inquire my status.
Could any one of you who sent the letter to FBI, please let me know what are the details to include in the mail like name, SSN etc. If possible, could you also post the template of the request sent to FBI.

Many thanks.

desi145 said:
Hi all,
just received email from David Hardy office that my name check is over on 7th feb, 2005. They respond to my postal mail sent on Jan 17th 2005. I had already sent few emails in Nov,Dec...but seems like snail mail worked. My name check was pending since 7th Jan 2004.

I'm not sure whether I understand what you said.
Do you mean your "pravicy act request" is over, or your "FBI Name Check" is over?

Where did you send the snail mail to? Is it for checking your Name Check status, or for FOIPA request?

Thanks

bsus said:
I'm not sure whether I understand what you said.
Do you mean your "pravicy act request" is over, or your "FBI Name Check" is over?

YES, I mean FBI Name check.

Where did you send the snail mail to? Is it for checking your Name Check status, or for FOIPA request?

I sent it to David Hardy, FBI, washington requesting for my name check status.

Thanks

desi145 said:
Hi all,

desi:
did u send the snail mail to this address:

Records/Information Dissemination Section
Federal Bureau of Investigation
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W
Washington, D.C. 20535

also can share the snail mail - i wouldn't have to write a new one then.

Hi California GC,
YES I used FBI's washington address, just added David Hardy's name with the address. I don't have the copy available, but I found that from Rahul kumar's thread for name check and copy/paste the format. Maybe you can go through his thread and find the content.

hi guys,

May be a dumb question. But, just a bit curious to know what made you guys go this route. To be more specific, was there something in your online status message that prompted you guys to think that FBI name chcek is kind of stuck.

Best of luck to all for a speedy processing.

140 RFE responded Now, they say Name check pending

Hi,

My case is EB2-concurent filed on 12/23/2003 . I got RFE on 01/11/05 for I-140 (for work experience, education, education evaluation) after 2 fax enquiries and one e-mail enquiry over a period of 3 months. RFE for I-140 was recieved by uscis on 02/02/05. There were LUDs till 02/04/05 but, no change in message.

I got a response for fax enquiry which was sent in nov, 2004 on 02/02/05. It says my name check is pending and they are unable to process spouse's application as primary applicant's applicaiton is pending.

Has any one had this kind of experience? What should we do for name check? send FBI mail? Is I-140 related to Name check? I thought name check is for I-485 only?

thank you for your response

regards

cv123 said:
hi guys,

May be a dumb question. But, just a bit curious to know what made you guys go this route. To be more specific, was there something in your online status message that prompted you guys to think that FBI name chcek is kind of stuck.

Best of luck to all for a speedy processing.

You can find by calling customer service number or emergency number and ask for status...ask specifically for FBI name check pending or cleared? they can tell..when it was requested and if they have received any response or not.

did you ever get a message like this:

"On February 9, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

I'm just wondering if this means that my name check is also cleared. Thanks.

mish4gc said:
I called the emergency # today to enquire about my 485 status (14-/485 RD 3/22/04, EB3 concurrent, 140 has a RFE on 1/21/04, dont know what it is).

The agent told me that even though my finger printing is good (done 04/04), the FBI name check is still pending. I thought for most people the name check is cleared in 2-6 days, is that true? Am I one of those unfortunate ones.

Also the CSC agent told me that it is not possible to initiate an enquiry with FBI to query the status of the name check prodess. I thought this was do-able, isn't it? Does anyone know how?

Its been a long tiring process and the last thing I want is further delay for a name check! How frustrating.

I have the same message.

I have the same message on my online status, does it mean my name check has cleared ?
Btw, my name(first and last put together) is rather unique, i am the only person with my firstname and lastname put together on the internet ( when searched thru search engine). Same uniquness applies to my wife too, primarily because our last name and the way it is spelt out in english exists only in our family and not a whole lot of our family members are in the US.