FBI name check

Kay2

Registered Users (C)
I got this email from FBI. My file is in Vermont. What does this mean? Why they sent the results to Washington not to Vermont. Your information is appreciated.

This is in reference to your facsimile received on September 10, 2004, concerning your immigration status. The FBI completed a record check for you on October 20, 2004, and the results were forwarded to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Washington, DC.

May be for the President of United States to look at it !! - Just kidding..

I dont understand why FBI does this... I am in a similar situation where FBI sent my FP2 to NSC instead of VSC...

JJ

joejoy...

I don't think it's FBI who is be doing it. I think they would forward the results to the office from where the request originated.

Name check results sent to Washington DC

Hi Kay2 and everyone,

My case is also Vermont. According to FBI email reply my name check results are also forwared to Washington DC... not to Vermont...?What does this mean?

Any body....Please reply

Every one name check is replied back to washington DC. Nothing unusual. Just relax.

Don't ask me why? My guess is that they might have a different office only delaing with name check in washington DC.

BRAVE123 and everyone,

How long did it take for FBI to reply your email enquiry?

I got this message a month ago from FBI..!! Its different than yours..!!

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database concerning xxxxxxxxxxxxx(Name) revealed a request was received from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on June xx, 2003, and was finalized also on June xx, 2003. The results were forwarded to USCIS.

joejoy,

i know u have asked me earlier that I am also at vsc and where did my results go to..i just read my mail carefullyy..it does not say even where did it go?it just says:

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database concerning xxx revealed a request was received from the United States Citizenship
and Immigration Services (USCIS) on xx, 2003, and was finalized
on xxx, 2003. The results were forwarded to USCIS.

i don't know what that means???where did it go?i am also from chicago like u...

smag:

Since the online status is updated in your case... I guess you need not worry about it....

I did not have problem with my FP1 - online status updated within few days..

But with FP2, no updates yet.... On enquiring about it by calling FBI, they said they have forwarded it to NSC, since they are one who requested it... - dont know why would NSC request my FP when I filed my I-485 with VSC ( May be because I live in Chicago under NSC juristriction )..

Dont know if I should be worried about it or not...

JJ

smag:

sorry about the mis-communication...

I have not got any response from FBI on my name check query... So I guess I may not be able to comment on the response you got... But I am sure someone in here will help..

JJ

hi guys
i initiated inquiry with FBI thru e-mail about my name check.

Can u tell me what will the subject be and who the sender will be when FBI replies to the e-mail

thanks in advance

Name Check :Its now more than a month but i have not recived any response

Hi ALL
I have also initiated inquiry with FBI thru e-mail about my name check,
Its now more than a month but i have not recived any response from FBI.
Do you have any idea how much time it will take ?

In the mean time i got RFE on my 485 on 10/05/2004 and they Received my RFE papers in 10/25/2004

Could you please provide the fax number of FBI? My wife had her FP done on Spet 15, 2004 and USCIS did not receive then yet.

It took me 20 days to get reply from FBI

After the first email I waited for 2 weeks and sent another follow up email. Then I got a reply within 5 days.