FBI Name Check

Originally posted by zzbao
A#, Name, DOB

How long does it take them to call you back after you gave them your info, hours, or days? Several hours have passed after I called this morning they did not call me back.

Nobody called me back. Two days later (yesterday) I called again. An auto phone answering system was set up in last two days. It asked to select visa, immigration, and other category to get into and request leaving A#, DOB, name and call back phone #. I left message again but hear nothing yet.

Originally posted by bxhst
Nobody called me back. Two days later (yesterday) I called again. An auto phone answering system was set up in last two days. It asked to select visa, immigration, and other category to get into and request leaving A#, DOB, name and call back phone #. I left message again but hear nothing yet.

I was asked to fax the Name, DOB and contact information to
them about a week ago. There is no any response yet. I guess
officers in the name check department have lost their patient to answer the inquires! :((

No response from FBI

I called FBI about 10 days back and was asked to fax the Name, DOB & A# . I faxed the info same day but no response yet. I guess they responded intially to a few people but now that more and more people are calling, they don't have resources to attend to every request.

I got a message from FBI yesterday saying that my name check was completed yesterday and the result will be sent to INS head quarter in 1-2 days. The INS head quarter will distribute the result to the branch.

Direct number for Name check

Hi all,
Just called FBI for finger print status. Lady I talked to was very nice. She gave me direct number for FBI name check.
202-324-2399.

Thanks.

to bxhst

Hi, bxhst,

Do you know if NCS updated your name check status? How long did it take? My name check was completed about 2 weeks ago but my congress contact told me no update on name check in NCS up to yesterday.

Thank you,

An Aug 01 RD veteran

Last edited by a moderator:
To zzbao

Hi, zzbao

I am in the same boat with you, Aug 01 RD.
Is you GC approved? Or at least is your namecheck updated at NCS? My name check was completed March 16 but my congress contact told me no name check update in NCS yet. Is there any other name check besides the FBI's?

I appreciate your sharing info and Good luck with your GC or post-GC life.

Thank you,

FBI Numbers

Hi, all,
Based on my search on this Forum, here are all the FBI phone number that I have. Have fun in calling. I'm going to call them soon. Do they answer call on 24/7? it would be nice.

304 625-2000
304-625-2406
304-625-3878
304-625-5590
202-324-2399 (Name Check)

Thank you for your contribution on the numbers.

How do you know......

Hi, gcfellows:

How do you know you were stuck at FBI Name Check?

Does FBI check all of us or just pick up some lucky ones?

How do you know your name check is updated at NCS?

Last edited by a moderator: