FBI Name Check Status

One dummy question. Please do not laugh at me.

How do you know your case is at NameCheck? My I485 was filed last July. There is no any update on line. I even did fingerprint last Sept., but no update is there. It is a black box for me. Thanks. :confused:

Hey guys, the question is, how do you know if you are? or not stuck in NameCheck? I have I-485 receipt, got finger prints done and respond to a RFE. Do we get some notice saying that name is clear or not? My PD is retrogress.

Thanks, but I filed at Vermont. I guess I will wait after PD is current and take a infopass. Thanks.

Has anyone tried to get an FBI Identification Record and send it back to the FBI and/or Immigration to expedite Name Check???
Check this site.

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm

ps: I still don't know how one goes about finding out if their I-485 is stuck because of name check; do we receive a notice saying that name check is not completed? Can someone clarify that? Thanks.

My wife and I did fingerprint together last Sept. Her online status shows FP was received after 2 weeks. But mine has never been updated. I called my lawyer to check, but was refused because he thinks it is normal.

May I contact William for FP status? I am worried my NC may be pending due to FP not received. :(

Thanks all.

Fp Code-3

Today, I recieved FP Code-3 Biometrics. I have couple questions

1) Does it mean did they cleared my Name Check
2) My wife didn't recieve it, last time during FP Code 1 My wife did't recieved the FP we enquired and called INS and rescheduled FP.

Please let me know your thoughts on this

Thanks
Anil

anil007dc said:
Today, I recieved FP Code-3 Biometrics. I have couple questions
1) Does it mean did they cleared my Name Check
No. It means that you should go and give them biometrics. Nothing else.

infopass

ssacr said:
My priority data is current as per JAN bulletin and I did not see any LUD on my application. So I used infopass to make an appointment and went to INS regional office yesterday. I asked the lady there if they have everything they need to process application and she said my finger prints are good and my FBI Name Check is cleared. She also said my application was last touched on 19 which is good news.

I did not see any LUD online on my application, so I wonder what's going on with my application.

May be you can try the same thing, make an appointment and find out if you name check is complete.

ssacr,

I am new to the forum. What exactly is an Infopass and how do you take it? Can you please post the details? Can it be taken even when my priority date is not current?

Thanks in Advance.

Infopass

Infopass is an online tool to make an appointment with USCIS. go to http://infopass.uscis.gov and make an appointment with your local USCIS office. You can go there and find out about your case details/status. A little more than what you can check online, like FBI name check etc.