FBI Name Check Status

sumeet

Hi

I am an EB3 applicant with PD=Feb2002. 485 was filed in Sep 2004 and has been pending due to name check initially and lately due to Visa Numbers and Name Check.

I wanted to followup with CIS to confirm if atleast my name check is clear(has been stuck since Oct 2004), however, my company attorneys say that they cannot send a query to CIS since my priority date is not current.

I wanted to know if there is some recourse so that I could find out if atleast my name check is clear and CIS is only waiting for visa number to be available. I am afraid that if the visa number's become available sometime, but my case is still stuck in the name check, I might miss the green card bus yet again.

Does anyone know what are my options:

1) Can I call up CIS customer service to ask for the status
2) Should I write to the senator

Thanks for the help,
Sumeet

How much time

How much time does it take them to reply to your mail ?

My 485 was filed in 2003 and second FP done on 15/12/05. When I went for the AOS interview, I found out my app is pending due to NC and Priority Dates not current.

EB3-India-March 2001.
140 approved.

Hi!
it's still unclear why we need to do a name check again that only causes delay in our application...

Does anyone know if our namecheck procedure + ( Fingerprints/ biometrics) is different from the visa namecheck at the NVC?

Thanks a lot!

Is there similiar person to Williams in VSC

Just curious, since FBT stop replying email. CSC has a nice Rep Williams will reply query for the "name check".

Does anybody can give me a clue how to find a similiar person in Vermont Center?

Thanks!

DW2003 said:
Just curious, since FBT stop replying email. CSC has a nice Rep Williams will reply query for the "name check".

Does anybody can give me a clue how to find a similiar person in Vermont Center?

Thanks!

I am in the same boat. I tried switching CSC to VSC and the email got bounced.

My priority data is current as per JAN bulletin and I did not see any LUD on my application. So I used infopass to make an appointment and went to INS regional office yesterday. I asked the lady there if they have everything they need to process application and she said my finger prints are good and my FBI Name Check is cleared. She also said my application was last touched on 19 which is good news.

I did not see any LUD online on my application, so I wonder what's going on with my application.

May be you can try the same thing, make an appointment and find out if you name check is complete.

Thanks SSACR, I will try that

ssacr said:
My priority data is current as per JAN bulletin and I did not see any LUD on my application. So I used infopass to make an appointment and went to INS regional office yesterday. I asked the lady there if they have everything they need to process application and she said my finger prints are good and my FBI Name Check is cleared. She also said my application was last touched on 19 which is good news.

I did not see any LUD online on my application, so I wonder what's going on with my application.

May be you can try the same thing, make an appointment and find out if you name check is complete.

ssacr - Thanks

ssacr said:

Thanks for the information on Name Check.
Could you please give more information about your application like the I-485 Receipt Date and the Service Center Name etc.

Regards
Labsub