FBI Name Check Status

ratrat

Registered Users (C)
I sent in the fax today to find out about my FBI Name Check...

The lady on the phone said to call in a couple of weeks to find the status of my fax...

Does anyone know how long they normally take to process the fax that is sent and provide an answer on whether our name check is complete or not?

Also, does anyone have a recent interview experience in Garden City, NY? If so, did you get the Oath date immediately, were you approved? Or was it the standard "you have passed the interview but not completely checked yet"?

Thanks!

Ratrat

They are always backlogged with the names, and like eric said 10 days is normal. You can call and ask again after 10 days

Visa Condor?

I guess naturalization applicants would fall into the "Visa Condor" category?

Thanks Rahul, as always, your research into these matters is much appreciated!

Ratrat

Live person?

What number did u call to get a live person to talk to regarding your status. The only number for the name check I have is answered by a machine that asks you to leave your information. I have done this 3 times and nobody ever calls back.

I had my interview and approval pending name check on February 11, 2004. Have not heard anything since. Sent an e-mail to State senator and did not even get a "go away e-mail back" let alone a phone call.

Suggestions?

Hi Tazmut

The recorded message you leave is normally for fingerprint check, not name check...

I have sent you a message about the number I called - I had to do a bit of runaround but got there eventually...hopefully they will direct you in the right direction as well...

Ratrat

Thanks, They have.

fax sent today. Lady said about a month to get an answer but I think she was winging it. Hoping for less.

Countdown begins and count-up since interview continues.

Got my reply from FBI...

Hi All,

13 business days after I sent in my Fax, I got a reply (via email) that checks on my record have been completed. This is the "name check" fax I sent in...

Tazmut, hopefully you will get yours sooner than one month!

Byee...

Ratrat

Not As Lucky

I actually received a phone call from the FBI telling me that the name check INS submitted a year ago had a "submission error" and that they needed to resubmit. I was told to inform INS to resubmit. Why they waited a year, I do not know since a message was left on my machine.
I went to INS, stood for the standard 5 hours waiting my turn to be told that they were waiting for a response on the name check. They had no idea about "submission error". I duely informed them of the need to resubmit and after exchanging a few words, they wrote down the appropriate information to give to the person handling my case.
Be proactive is all I have to say, if you are waiting very long, odds are they messed up your application too.

Congrats Ratrat.

Tazmut said:
I actually received a phone call from the FBI telling me that the name check INS submitted a year ago had a "submission error" and that they needed to resubmit. I was told to inform INS to resubmit. Why they waited a year, I do not know since a message was left on my machine.
I went to INS, stood for the standard 5 hours waiting my turn to be told that they were waiting for a response on the name check. They had no idea about "submission error". I duely informed them of the need to resubmit and after exchanging a few words, they wrote down the appropriate information to give to the person handling my case.
Be proactive is all I have to say, if you are waiting very long, odds are they messed up your application too.

Congrats Ratrat.

THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS.
Why should u be the one to go tell the INS is was a submit error ? How horrible? What kind of service are these people providing you ? I feel sorry for your case.

However what you need to do is to highlight this to lawmakers, your local Senator,Congman, write to the FBI director. This will make sure that they take note and also that your next name check will be done in quick time

Funny one..:)

Rahul Kumar said:
THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS.
Why should u be the one to go tell the INS is was a submit error ? How horrible? What kind of service are these people providing you ? I feel sorry for your case.

However what you need to do is to highlight this to lawmakers, your local Senator,Congman, write to the FBI director. This will make sure that they take note and also that your next name check will be done in quick time

Whoever said they needed to provide me with quality service? I am just glad they let me in the building..:)
Dont know what rocking the boat is going to do but get someone ticked off at me. To actually believe that anyone would actually care is a little presumtive I think. In this day and age, I think it is better to keep my mouth shut and not go bothering any FBI director. I am sure he has better things to do. Until the certificate, it seems to me Green Card holders do not really count. Just as long as we continue to pay our taxes, we are transparent...:(

Phone/Fax number

Ratrat/Tazmut,

Could you post the phone and fax number for name check so that every body can benefit from it?

Thanks

Tazmut,

You are transparant as long as you dont rock the boat. Create a ripple , people will listen to you. You dont have to be badmouth anyone for them for them to get ticked off. If you are fear - you lose. You are asking for your right. Speak to the people that matter - who to speak to - u can decide

Paranoia...

I think my upcoming interview is making me paranoid... :p

Suppose once my interview is completed, the USCIS officer says "Approval is pending due to checks..."

Should I mention that I had asked the FBI for a status on my checks and the FBI said it was completed? Should I show the officer the email I received saying that my FBI record checks are complete?

Will the USCIS officer get mad? Is it accepted practice for the applicant to contact the FBI to find the status of FP/Name checks? Or does the USCIS "frown" upon this practice?

Any thoughts/comments are welcome.

Thanks!

Ratrat

Prepare yourself for the list of deviations from normal. The key is to ask the right questions when needed and keep quiet when you should. Dont worry, go bravely, you are one among 600,000 new citizens. what the probability of u getting screwed?

ratrat

I think you go to your interview with clear mind and without any assumptions (unless you have something -ive like traffic ticket, arrests etc.) Most probably you will go through a normal procedure (e.g going through your immigration file page by page) and you will pass. I would not say to the officer that I checked with fbi and my name check is cleared. This will make the officer concerned that why this applicant is so anxious. They do all the checks in the office infront of you and print out papers and attach it with your application. If every thing goes normal you will get the Oath letter same day, otherwise you will have to wait for security clearance (it may not be fbi name check).
I did not and my friend did not check with the fbi for name check because we don't know the types of checks they do (fbi, cia, local police etc.)

Good luck and post your ecperience here.

hm11 said:
ratrat

I think you go to your interview with clear mind and without any assumptions (unless you have something -ive like traffic ticket, arrests etc.) Most probably you will go through a normal procedure (e.g going through your immigration file page by page) and you will pass. I would not say to the officer that I checked with fbi and my name check is cleared. This will make the officer concerned that why this applicant is so anxious. They do all the checks in the office infront of you and print out papers and attach it with your application. If every thing goes normal you will get the Oath letter same day, otherwise you will have to wait for security clearance (it may not be fbi name check).
I did not and my friend did not check with the fbi for name check because we don't know the types of checks they do (fbi, cia, local police etc.)

Good luck and post your ecperience here.

Hi Ratrat:
Me in a same boat: My details..
PD Jan., 2003
FP Feb., 2003
Interview July, 2003
FBI name chk clear (by email) Feb 11, 2004.

oath?????????????? waiting forever.
Wrote letter to Senator.....got a response that there is no clue of my case. went myself to Oakland, CA center....officer told me when I showed the email from FBI that the email does not state FBI name check cleared. Actually the email from FBI stated results forwarded to BCIS. Infact the FBI lady also called me and said that my results are forwarded to BCIS.

BCIS does not think it is Name chk clear. Officer said results can be anything...Come after 4 months... These morons......... I am sick n tired

Contact a Senator from the Immigration SubCmte. Did you contact Sen Kennedy or Sen Chambiss?

Also did you call the number posted by ratrat? Call them again

How can I track name check with FBI, any fax/tel numbers?

My I-551 was not extended today due to FBI name check.
Have no idea what happened there. One officer take a note on my case and tell me it may need 13-19 days to get reply. Anyway it is faster to apply for EAD again.

Some people here who have the fax number or telphone numbers to FBI for the name check, please help us to find out the errors leading the delay of our processing ?

Thanks a lot.

EL Maozi

GopiBalan said:
Ratrat/Tazmut,

Could you post the phone and fax number for name check so that every body can benefit from it?

Thanks