FBI Name Check Status Response and What Next?

cclee2002

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My case was transfered to Seattle. Interview took place in early Feb 2005.

At the interview, officer said everything was OK except FBI name check results were not back yet. So, no approval at that time.

I (snail) mailed a letter to FBI immediately after the interview and got an email response back today. (I gave them my email address in the letter).

According to the email response, they completed two name checks: one way back in 2003; and one recently, about two weeks before the interview. They said the results were forwarded to USCIS in Washington, DC.

So, what should I do next? Should I call Nebraska Service Center and ask if they have received the results? (My case is now in Seattle and I don't have their phone number.)

Thanks.

CC.

gurus

what is name check and where they do how long will normally take???

I went INS office today to enquire about my status they wasn;t friendly and she showed me paper which has my name printed and FBI name Check Pending
I attented my interview on local office on jan 20

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=136848&page=1&pp=15

Wehn you serach for "FBI name check," there is a thread, by Rahul Kumar (31st July 2004).

One of the posts in that thread, by Anahit (22nd February 2005), has the address. (I am sure there are other posts with the address as well.)

To: David M. Hardy, Chief
Record/Information Dissemination Section
Federal Bureau of Investigation
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington D.C. 20535

Sub: Name Check

Dear Mr. Hardy:

<YOUR STORY>

To help identify information about me in your records systems and/or programs, I am providing the following identifying information:

Name:
DOB:
POB:
SSN:
A #:
Address:
Phone:
E-mail:

Sincerely,

<YOUR NAME>