Fbi Name Check Question

mwalam

Registered Users (C)
I have read a lot of posts where people went to the adjustment interview and they were told that the FBI name check is not complete yet and that they should hear something soon.. or get the card in the mail.. so on and so forth.

My question is.. has anyone completed this process?? as in.. has anyones name check actually completed yet??????

I am wondering if there is anyway to find the status of or quicken the name check process???

I am trying not to get concerned since I had my interview within 2 months of doing the fingerprints.. so most likely the name check isn't complete yet...

Any ideas??

Timelline..

I-485 Applied -- October 15th, 2005
Fingerprint --- December 2nd, 2005
Interview ---- January 31st, 2006
Sacramento DO

Fingerprint check completed... Name check Pending

I'm waiting for FBI name check, I just had an interview a week ago....FBI name check doesn't have anythining to do with fingerprints....I had my fingerprints done in June '05.
In my understanding a name check consists of running the applicant’s name and date of birth over multiple government records – not commercial records like credit reports etc. This will tell the agency if there has been any activity on your name ever i.e. if you were a convicted criminal, a witness in a federal case, a person who was investigated etc. Many people report incredible lengths of delays with name checks. The reason for this is that the
system (computerized system) is unable to conclude weather or not you are a person of interest.An analyst has to then intervene. The reason could me multi fold like you having a very common name (Asian last names for example) or your name matches that of a person that FBI dealt with in the past etc. This could take 1 day or over a year. Another reason for delays is that this
department is grossly understaffed.

Hi - My husband's timeline is:

Filed I-485 in NYC district office - Sept 2004
Showed up for biometrics appt - Nov 2004
Received notice of action stating case had been transferred to CSC - Sep 2005

Does anyone have a clue as to why my husband's case would've been transferred to the CSC? And should we worry that he hasn't been called for an interview yet?

As further background, he filed his I-485 based on marriage to me - a US citizen. He'd entered the country on a K-1 fiance visa - so he'd already gone through a lot of background checks at the consultate prior to entering the US.

Ugh.

Nora

Nora&Simon said:
Does anyone have a clue as to why my husband's case would've been transferred to the CSC? And should we worry that he hasn't been called for an interview yet?

A USC friend of mine got married to his Filipino girl friend, she came here on a K-1 visa. He told me he didn't have to go through the interview for I-485.

I've noticed that the cases transferred to CSC, even though you do not fall under their jurisdiction, are those that don't need interviews and for faster adjudication. In your case it is good news. Hopefully you'll be hearing from them very soon.

Here is the link for the Press Release from USCIS about transfers

Good Luck!!

status??

So how do we check the status of the name check process??
Also is there a way to rush/quicken the process..