FBI name check public enquiry #

sundancekid

Registered Users (C)
In response to the increasing number of name checks being delayed, the FBI has set up a public enquiry phone #

it is 202 324 2399

you can find the status of your namecheck, when it was received by FBI etc

this is great..

where did you get all this good info?

I just called, however there is no operator they want all the information and want you to leave the message so that somebody could return the call later.

thanks dude!

Tufan,

it is always a "machine"for you to leave your info

but they will call back.

Hopefully this will help people who just do not know what has happened to their name check

When is the appropriate time to

When is the appropriate time (how many months after the 485 ND/ FP date) to call FBI ?

I think you should only call this # when your application has been adjuducated and is pending FBI namecheck for approval.

ie, if you have had an interview, or have done a status check and you have been told that all that is needed to get approval is your FBI name check to clear, then call.

it will not make your name check happen any faster but it will let you know if

1 if/when FBI recieved request

2 if/when FBI cleared your name

3 if /when FBI sent info to USCIS

if there is a problem at any of these stages-- is FBI didnt get it, USCIS didnt send it, etc etc you can address it

do not call this # just out of curiosity, or this # will become useless to those who need it.

Hi sundancekid.

I noticed that you have added the FBI # to check status of Name Check on "Dedicated Link for Important Information-FAQ ".

This post has additional useful info like who and when should the call be made. Can you also copy this post as link and add it to your post on "Dedicated Link for Important Information-FAQ ".

Thanks

That's Great

Please make a big NOTE that if some one does not know or not sure if his/her case is pending due to name check then do not call this number.

Thanks

sundancekid said:
In response to the increasing number of name checks being delayed, the FBI has set up a public enquiry phone #

it is 202 324 2399

you can find the status of your namecheck, when it was received by FBI etc

Few questions for you.

1) Did you try this number and what was the reply?
2) What info they need?

thanks

KB

Khan_bacha said:
Few questions for you.

1) Did you try this number and what was the reply?
2) What info they need?

thanks

KB

I called this number a week ago. There is an answering machine that asks you for your name, date of birth, A# number, and telephone. It also promised that someone will call you back and tell you the status.

Nobody called me yet.

YLB2.