FBI Name Check Pending

cranky_jutt

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I went for my 485 interview with my wife and he told me after interview that there is a problem. problem is FBI name check pending. how long does it take to have name cleared? the paper he gave me says "do not call before 180 days which are 6 months!

Could be 2 days, could be 2 years. More likely it will be a few weeks. Any reason to believe you could be subject to a long background check? I.e. travelled to the middle east, from a muslim country etc?

Some people have reported success in finding out their name check status by asking at an Infopass (although as usual, others were told they can't do that, consistancy isn't the forte of USCIS). I remember someone saying they called their local FBI office and asked about it also and were able to confirm their check was done.

dr_lha said:
Some people have reported success in finding out their name check status by asking at an Infopass (although as usual, others were told they can't do that, consistancy isn't the forte of USCIS). I remember someone saying they called their local FBI office and asked about it also and were able to confirm their check was done.
Well...in that case, consistency isn't the forte of FBI either. I called my local FBI office and was told that the field offices do not have access to name check database. It can only be done in Washington.

That's the same answer I got when I called the FBI. So are they suggesting I call Washington now? ;)

EricNeesGC said:
Well...in that case, consistency isn't the forte of FBI either. I called my local FBI office and was told that the field offices do not have access to name check database. It can only be done in Washington.

FMH031706 said:
That's the same answer I got when I called the FBI. So are they suggesting I call Washington now? ;)
Washington will give you any response regarding name check. They will ask you to send an email to an address that is not monitored.

Eric, did you mean Washington will NOT give you any response?

A friend said she emailed FBI and her case approved in 2 weeks. Not sure if it's coincidence or not...

zoelee said:
Eric, did you mean Washington will NOT give you any response?

A friend said she emailed FBI and her case approved in 2 weeks. Not sure if it's coincidence or not...
Yes, that's what I meant. Sorry for the oversight.

Well...I sent a registered mail to FBI on Saturday for the 3rd time. Hopefully, they will clear me up too.