FBI name check mail and FOIPA tracker

bambooshoot

Registered Users (C)
Let's track name check mail and FOIPA

Sent FBI name check mail in begining of March and FOIPA two weeks back. No reply on either. Any FOIPA replies received recently? How much time did it take?

got reply to jan 24th email

got a reply yesterday for an email sent on jan 24th. Namecheck still pending since dec 2004.
hth.

Sent two emails to FBI one in May-05 and other in JUN-05 no reply yet. Called FBI this week, the lady said they are replying to emails from JAN-05.

Filed for FOIPA on 20-JUL-2005 and got reply within 7 days.

Dear gcpending26,

What # did you use when you called FBI? I name check is pending and I would like to call them, too. Thanks.

bambooshoot said:
Testing_Times,

Did you send an FOIPA yet?

No, mine is eb3 and am being optimistic that they will clear by oct. BTW, if somebody gets a "no records" for FOIPA, what are the next steps in expediating the namecheck?

thanks!

Name Check Story

DEC 2004 - name check mail to FBI
MAY 2005 - FBI response - pending since July 2003
MAY 2005 - FOIPA - got no record in 12 days, notarized and certified mail
JUNE 2005 - name check expedite request with FOIPA – certified mail

NO RESPONSE :eek:

anybody cleared...

It would be nice to see if somebody in the past tried an expediate request with FOIPA and as a result cleared the check.

Hey Guys,

sorry if this questions appears naive.
But when does this name check step comes ito picture.
I have recently got finger printing notice for Aug 2nd.
So when will name check step kick in, is it a mandatory step or it can be skipped for few. ??

Please throw some light on name check

thanks,

Prashant

prash_mate said:
Hey Guys,

sorry if this questions appears naive.
But when does this name check step comes ito picture.
I have recently got finger printing notice for Aug 2nd.
So when will name check step kick in, is it a mandatory step or it can be skipped for few. ??

Please throw some light on name check

thanks,

Prashant

Within a week of the concurrent filing, fbi had recd namecheck requests for me and my wife.

Thanks Testing_Times for reply.
How does one come to know, that fbi is sent request for name check ?
I track my cases online. Also this name check step does it happen to all I-485 filers ?

Prashant

gcpending26 said:
Sent two emails to FBI one in May-05 and other in JUN-05 no reply yet. Called FBI this week, the lady said they are replying to emails from JAN-05.

Filed for FOIPA on 20-JUL-2005 and got reply within 7 days.

How does one file FOIPA?? :confused: :confused: :confused:

prash_mate said:
Thanks Testing_Times for reply.
How does one come to know, that fbi is sent request for name check ?
I track my cases online. Also this name check step does it happen to all I-485 filers ?

Prashant

When you send an email to fbi, the reply from them will indicate as to when they recd a request for a namecheck from uscis and whether its processed or not.

shanmanz said:
How does one file FOIPA?? :confused: :confused: :confused:
Here is the FOIPA letter format that I had faxed:

To:

David M Hardy, Chief
Record/Information Dissemination Section
Federal Bureau of Investigation
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20535
Fax: (202) 324-3752

Subject: PRIVACY ACT REQUEST

Dear Mr. Hardy:
Under the Freedom of Information Act, 5 U.S.C. section 552 and the Privacy Act, 5 U.S.C. section 552a, please furnish me with copies of all records about me indexed to my name or my identifying information, maintained in the Central Records System (CRS).

To help identify information about me in your records and/or programs, I am providing the following identifying information:

Last Name: XXX Maiden Last Name: XXX
First Name: XXXX
Middle Name: -
Date of Birth: XXXX
Place of Birth: XXXX
Social Security Number: XXXX
Current Address: XXX
Home Phone Number: XXX
Mobile Phone Number: XXX

If you have any questions about handling this request, you may phone me at any time on my mobile phone. Please respond to: XXX

Sincerely,

XXXX

Pursuant to 28 U.S.C. 1746, I certify under penalty of perjury that foregoing is true and correct and that I am requesting release of my records to myself.

Executed on XXXX

I had sent this two weeks back, but haven't got a reply. Some people got the response in one week. I hadn't notarized my letter. Do we need to?

name check

Hi
I applied my I-485 in sep 2003. I called VSC yesterday to inquire for my case. The immigration officer told me that they are waiting for name check to be cleared. Once it gets cleared they would consider my request to expedite. My story is I am living in NY alone with my 2 kids 2 years and 4 months. My husband had to move to Florida for another job as he could not a get a job here bec of visa issues. I am stuck here for my gc and god knows when would that happen. I also contacted local congressman but was told that they cannot help me in expediting my name check.I also emailed FBI in march but have not heard from them so far.
I also send a request for FOIPA in the beginning of july but have not heard anything.
Is there a way to expedite the name check. Please help me.

Aging123 said:

If you file writ of Mandamus lawsuit against USCIS in your district court, USCIS will request to expedite your FBI name-check.

Aging123 said:
Hi
I applied my I-485 in sep 2003. I called VSC yesterday to inquire for my case. The immigration officer told me that they are waiting for name check to be cleared. Once it gets cleared they would consider my request to expedite. My story is I am living in NY alone with my 2 kids 2 years and 4 months. My husband had to move to Florida for another job as he could not a get a job here bec of visa issues. I am stuck here for my gc and god knows when would that happen. I also contacted local congressman but was told that they cannot help me in expediting my name check.I also emailed FBI in march but have not heard from them so far.
I also send a request for FOIPA in the beginning of july but have not heard anything.

From what Ive been reading, seems like there is no way to expediate the namecheck, or for that matter any process that is related to security. For now looks like have to bite the bullet and wait.

Please let me know whether FBI have done security check on my case

Routine Security Check done in this case or not please let me know your understanding:

EB-3 I-140 RD 11 March 2003, AD 5 March 2004 (NO RFE)
Priority Date 13 June 2000

I-485 RD 22 April 2003, RFE on 10 September 2004 for EVL, 2 Years W2, 2 Pay check Reply received by BY USCIS on 27 September 2004

I have send a fax to FBI on July 22 2004, FBI replies that my record check done on May 8 2003

Dear ......

This is in reference to your facsimile dated July 22, 2004, concerning your immigration status. The FBI completed a record check for you on May 8, 2003, and the results were forwarded to the USCIS.
Sincerely yours,
David M. Hardy

Status enquiry on 6 December 2004
Reply by USCIS : Our computer systems show that application is currently under review. Please allow a minimum of 60 days to hear from this office.

Yes I have faxed to the Local Senator Office.

First Expedite Request answer from USCIS on April 2005

Upon receipt of your letter requesting expeditious handling, this matter was reviewed and a determination was made that it met the criteria for special handling.

The petition/application will be reviewed and you should be receiving notification from this office very shortly.

Second Expedite Request answer from USCIS on July 2005

Upon receipt of your letter requesting expeditious handling, this matter was reviewed and a determination was made that it does not met the criteria for special handling. The petition/application will be processed within the normal processing time here at the center.

The processing of your petition/application has been delayed. All petitions/applications recieved by this service are required to have routine security checks that resulting in delays of the adjudication of petitions/applications. We can give no definite indication of when they will completed. We apologize for the delay.

Please let me know whether FBI have done security check on my case.