FBI name check is pending for almost two years! Any one has the similar experience?

GCHZ

Registered Users (C)
I contacted FBI for my husband's name check on Sept 29, and we got response from FBI on Nov 3rd, it says:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that a
request from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
for (my husband's name) was received on December 21, 2002 and is currently in a pending status. Due to increased national security concerns, in December 2002 to early 2003, the USCIS submitted an additional 2.7 million name checks for processing to the FBI. Your Name Check has been assigned to an Analyst to work on. You will be notified upon the completion of
your Name Check.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

This means that my husband's name check has been pending for almost two years.

Since this email says that my husband's name check has been assigned to some officer already, do you think I should do something else to speed up this process?

I really appreciate your input,

Thanks,
GCHZ

same situation here. don't know how much longer we need to wait.. anyone with similar experience please share.... how long it will take after it is assigned to an analyst to work on?

I think you should write an expedite request to FBI and give them all the details like Full Name, DOB, Country of Birth, SSN number, A# number and also the present and past addresses and also provide them with all the contact information.

Most important is that you should mention how your life is getting affected by this injustified delay and how your GC is getting delayed in a very polite and clear manner by this delayed Name Check. And also try to contact the local representative and see if they will be of any help to you. Good Luck!

Do you know which email address or fax number that I should use for sending out my expedite request to FBI? The same one as we request the status of name check?

Thanks a lot,
GCHZ

GCHZ,

What is the procedure for name chaeck request?? Any fax #, address etc.. Do you have the sample letter to send them??

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Send to : fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov
To
The Director, Records Management Division
FBI Headquarters

Dear Sir/Madam:

I would like to know if your agency completed any name check request made by USCIS as it relates to I-485 (Application for adjustment of status) for myself and my spouse. Below are our details:

Self:
Last Name:
First Name:
Date of Birth:
Country of Birth:
A #:

Spouse:
Last Name:
First Name:
Date of Birth:
Country of Birth:
A #: