FBI Name Check Info

winny1971

Registered Users (C)
Hi

Recently when I called FBI to find out the status of my name check (i knew they never tell about it on phone but still tried), the lady said that they are no longer responding to emails. There is some new system being implemented for name check and it is expected to take 60 days for the same.

Is anyone else aware of this or the lady was just trying to get me off the phone ?

Cheers !

60 days for what ? to clear the name check or to respond to the status email ?

Can you please give me the FBI tel no you called. I would also like to call them about my case.

Thanks

I called FBI 19th September 2005. a lady tell me same thing. But I think they will has a new system to let us check the status for "name check", not finish the "name check". Is it right?
Thanks

winnie1971,

I called last week. I got an old guy on the line.
I asked him why they haven't replied to my March '05 email yet.

He told me that they have replied till sometime in Feb '05 and have
stopped replying. They are working "specifically on backlogged namechecks"
and it is expected to be done in next 60 days.

I asked him whether they are working on '03 backlogs and he told me
yes they are working on the '02s and the '03s.

Let's hope we oldies hear something soon.
But I wouldn't expect too much since before this they said they all would
be done by Aug '05 and NOTHING happened. :eek:

Hi guys,
I just called FBI NNCP hour ago. Lady told me that they working hard to eliminate all the backlogged cases from 02, 03 and 04.. all the cases will be accessed and process ASAP. She request me not to call, email or faxes because now they will not reply to any form on inquiry and just concentrate on getting raid of these backlogged cases.. She didn't give me any timeline for this.. But told me it should be ASAP. I also confirm with her if they working on any automated system where we can check status of our Name check inquiry and she refuse of any such system will exisit.. they are not working on any kind of tool which we can access to check our status.
She talk with me very nicely for obout 10 minutes.
lets hope for the best...
good luck to all oldies...

Can you please give me the FBI tel no you called.
I would also like to call them about my case though the messge will be same.

situn said:

I called FBI Name Check Status main line: 202 324 2399.. They are not always picking up the phone.. I was trying since last three days... and always got answering machnine.. but.. today morning.. luckly some lady pick up the phoen..

situn said:
How do you check the name-check status ?
My my FP was done around August last week.
The messge at I-485 says that "FP results were received and continue to work on your case"
What does that mean is my name-check and security check over?

--Naveen Oshos

VP2003 said:
Hi guys,
I just called FBI NNCP hour ago. Lady told me that they working hard to eliminate all the backlogged cases from 02, 03 and 04.. all the cases will be accessed and process ASAP. She request me not to call, email or faxes because now they will not reply to any form on inquiry and just concentrate on getting raid of these backlogged cases.. She didn't give me any timeline for this.. But told me it should be ASAP. I also confirm with her if they working on any automated system where we can check status of our Name check inquiry and she refuse of any such system will exisit.. they are not working on any kind of tool which we can access to check our status.
Very appreciated the piece of information that you shared. Encourage is so important to the people stuck in the DARK name check.

Thanks for the information, VP2003 !!!

A ray of hope...

VP2003 said:
Hi guys,

Great information

Hi everybody
Would like to thank al of u fine people for sharing such encouraging news. It atleast sounds hopeful. Hope it is true that they r trying to clear the backlogs. I actually tried the above said number several times; but it always goes to a pre-recorded message which gives out an e-mail address to write to. Did anybody try that e-mail route and if so any response? My EAD expires in dec mid. I had my fingerprints done in feb 2004. My applicaton for the AOS was filed in dec 2003 though. Can anyone let me know if I should go and get a new EAD or hope to get an approval be4 that. We r done with the interview in april 2004 and was told that once the background check was back, i would b notified about the result of the interview. And do we hav to hav a valid EAD all the time with us even though we hav job (got by usung the present EAD).
Any advice would b greatly appreciated

goldspot7 said:
Hi everybody
Would like to thank al of u fine people for sharing such encouraging news. It atleast sounds hopeful. Hope it is true that they r trying to clear the backlogs. I actually tried the above said number several times; but it always goes to a pre-recorded message which gives out an e-mail address to write to. Did anybody try that e-mail route and if so any response? My EAD expires in dec mid. I had my fingerprints done in feb 2004. My applicaton for the AOS was filed in dec 2003 though. Can anyone let me know if I should go and get a new EAD or hope to get an approval be4 that. We r done with the interview in april 2004 and was told that once the background check was back, i would b notified about the result of the interview. And do we hav to hav a valid EAD all the time with us even though we hav job (got by usung the present EAD).
Any advice would b greatly appreciated
Technically, you should not wait for I485 approcal and apply EAD immediately as you would have been done 90 days before expiration. It is extremely important for those who are working on EAD.

Here is the detail Which I got from FBI, USCIS, Congressman Office:
1- Name check was cleared from FBI on 5/11/2005
2- USCIS sent my case for Additional Background/Security checks on 5/12/2005. What are additional Checks? No Idea. I am from special registrant country. May be related with that.
3- Officer# 1 of congressman's office received response from USCIS "My case is in Name-Check" on 09/02/2005.
3- Officer# 2 of congressman's office received response from USCIS "My case is with CIA for background check" on 09/31/2005. Officer#2 also told me lack of funding so USCIS cannot put resources at work to clear pending cases. The approval for this funding is awaited.
Now anybody can understand, what is happening?