FBI Name Check FAQ (From FBI's website)

I just joined this forums and found that all information here is very useful. I am also in this desperate situation and would like to share my expererience and also need advice and help from you guys. My husband, a US citizen, petitioned me to the US as a fiance and we filed I-485 in 4/03. I had the 1st finger print in 7/03 then the 2nd in 12/05. After a long delay, we had the interview with the INS office in Washington DC (I live here) in 2/05. The interview went OK, but the officer told us that they cannot grant me a green card because my FBI name check is not cleared. I made inquiries after that with INS and FBI but nobody reponded to me. I tried FOIA, they responded to me that they had no records. I brought that to the INS and they said this was not name check, this was totally different. As of today, 14 months passed but I did not hear anything back. A lot of people around me came to the US after me, had the interview after me but they already had GC, I feel terribly desperate. I dont know what else to do, i think the immigration here in the US will cause me mental problem. I renewed my GC three times already. My husband triedto ask for help from Congressman and Senators. Congressman said they can do NOTHING. Senator made inquiries with the FBI and the letter came back from FBI said my name check is still pending and they need sufficient time to do and the senator refused any more help on this nor expediting my name check.
I see nothing is gonna help me at all. I am working for an American lawyer right now, I asked him for advice and help, he said just wait and dont do any stupid thing. This is not his situation so I think he doesn't care. Recently I heard about Law suit against the USCIS that granted GCs to 7 out of 10 immigrants. Anybody has any idea of filing a lawsuit, please gather together, that will make us stronger and win the battle for justice for all of us. Do you have any idea about fees ....cauze I never went through this before and feel very nervouse. We have to do something, we can't just give up since we contribute to this country, our name check and green card will be delayed forever if we have no action, just sit and wait in this chaos world now. Also anybody has any other information to expedite FBI name check status or with the INS please share. Thanks so much

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks,
I think, congressman helped me, please see my former posts, maybe just because my kid was turning 21....
Anyway, name check cleared (i suppose), all 3 of us approved recently.

My son is only 4 years old. I don't want to wait 16 years and then seek help from congressman.

compass said:
Folks,
I think, congressman helped me, please see my former posts, maybe just because my kid was turning 21....
Anyway, name check cleared (i suppose), all 3 of us approved recently.