FBI Name Check before approval -- thread!. Approved guys, pls respond!!!

Oct2002_485

Registered Users (C)
All approved guys, I need your help here. I would like to evaluate the impact of the so called "FBI Name Check" before the GC approval.

So please post your ND/FP1/FP2/FBI-name-check-Dt/AD details.

I tried 3 times calling them, everytime they are connecting me to the msg box which says it is full. So, I couldn't leave a msg!

This really helps for all who have completed FP2 and waiting for approval.

ND:10/7/02
FP1: 12/12/02
FP2: 6/17/04
FBI: None
AD:07/xx/04 ???

thanks

Send a Fax with same details !
FBI Name/background check # is 202-324-2399 Fax # 202-324-3367

I still have to get a reply. I faxed and also left msg on 06/30 and got approved on 07/02 but no reply.

-they are processing may end possily early june requests so please wait.

-Has Any body who has been told the name check pending for 18 months?

Thats intresting...are there any sites where we can see their current processing dates? Just like INS.... We did our FP2 on May 13th. Still waiting. On July 1st I sent a fax. No change so for. Any info would be helpful.

Thank You

bunchofquestion
-Not from the web site, that info is from when they called me.

- I was also told that name check pending since Jan 2003 yes Jan 2003 is not unique or many much older cases.

What for we're requesting FBI? To trigger expedite processing?

Hi Guys,

Guru's, please answer one question:

What is so excited about getting this FBI Name/FP Check status?
Of course, it may give a case for appeal basing on obtained info. Like: "look, those #$!@... claim that they wait for my security check while it's done a long time ago".

I understand also how comforting it is to know that FBI check is done.
But what if it's not? Can you change it?

Still it might be some hidden benefit there. Can it somehow trigger expedite processing?
Otherwise I see the only use for this information: give it to Mr Khanna,
to beat the argument that this backlog is caused majorily by the FBI processing.

Thank you and good luck for everyone.

EAC-02-172 xxxx (April 18, 2002)

Is there any risk in requesting FBI? Please share your PRO and CON here.

:eek: Guys,

1. Is there anyone in this forum who can tell, that his/her case was hurted anyhow after requesting FBI? Who now believes that it WAS NOT a goo idea.

2. Opposite that: please post here successful guys who believe that exactly request to FBI helped them somehow.

Please share your PRO and CON here.

Thank you!

isGCtheKey

Can you post the details of name check ? What format?

isGCtheKey? said:
Send a Fax with same details !

I still have to get a reply. I faxed and also left msg on 06/30 and got approved on 07/02 but no reply.

FBI Name Check

Guys i am waiting for my name check done requested from Ottawa-Canada US Consulate since April 5 2004. I have tried to call them so many times and left many mesages + fax but no reply yet. I know I am from Pakistan but its more then 3 months and I am on work visa. Any one have idea how long this would take. It was relaxing they got some of us cleared. Any reply would be appreciated. Also I would be reached at waliansari@hotmail.com

FYI, my FP2 was done on May 1 and got approved on July 7th. I never checked with FBI.

Sent FAX enquiry on June 18th. Got reply today(Aug 3)from FBI that they conducted a name search on Feb2004 and sent the results back to USCIS. I did my FP1 on May 13 2004. So in my case they first finished the name check huh!

did not verify FBI name check!

:) My case was approved yesterday but for my son. I tried after the FP2 but never succeded in contacting them. So, it looks once USCIS gets FPs they send it to FBI and then update their database after the clearance!!!
---
140 ND: 7/26/04
140 AD: 3/8/04
485 ND:10/7/02
FP1: 12/12/02
FP2: 6/17/04
FBI check: None
LUD1: 6/25/04
LUD2: 7/23/04
LUD3: 7/26/04
LUD4: 8/03/04

AD:08/03/04 :D

292641 said:
-they are processing may end possily early june requests so please wait.

-Has Any body who has been told the name check pending for 18 months?
292641: Mine is close to 18 monthes? I am quiet sure the name check is one major reason for the delay. Can we do something if our name check is in pending? ic.

Hello Guys,

Why we need Name check?? :confused: is FP is not done enough :( :(

Swa.
Rd dec 02 23
nd jan 03 23
fp1 feb 03 23

Correct FBI number

Guys where did you find this wrong information, y r u sending fax n wasting your time and their time.

Here is the correct information from rupnet.com
You can call FBI at 304 625 5590 opt 3, give them your A# number. They will tell you if your FP is received and processed on the phone right away

GC Wait n Wait said:
Guys where did you find this wrong information, y r u sending fax n wasting your time and their time.

You can call FBI at 304 625 5590 opt 3, give them your A# number. They will tell you if your FP is received and processed on the phone right away
Hi! GC Wait n Wait: We are not wrong man. I have faxed FBI for name check status and there are several other cases regarding name check. According to the new CIS procedure, your 485 will not be touched until your name check is cleared. IC

GC Wait n Wait
You are talking about FP and everyone else here is talking about Name check. Both are done by different depts. of FBI at different times.

GC Wait n Wait said:

How to send name check request to FBI. Can some one post letter format and fax number thank you.
RD : 06/2002.
FP2 :06/01/2004
LUD :06/26/2004, 07/01/2004.