FBI Name Check .. Any one from 2003 batch

duranduran

Just wanted to see anyone got out of the name check black hole pending since 2003.

I applied in June 2003, Interviewed in Nov 2003 & stuck in the name game since then.

are any of you folks still out there?? it kind of lonely in here :eek:

My case is exactly like yours. Filed in July 2003, interviewed in Dec 2003, name check is still pending.

Have you tried to contact FBI? I sent email to FBI two months ago, but no response so far. Endless waiting.

I have the same situation - I have had an interview in November 2004. I have contacted FBI but the only thing they said was that my case is pending. They gave the same answer to the senator who I requested help from.
Does anybody have any idea what I should do???? :confused:

duranduran said:
Just wanted to see anyone got out of the name check black hole pending since 2003.... :eek:

Hi

I got three FoIPA from FBI in Dallas, San Antonio and Washington by mail all within three weeks of writing to them. Is this the same or equal to 'name check'? Can anyone please enlighten!

Thanks,
Piyalove
--------

I am in the same boat. I Applied in May 2003, interviewed in December 2003 but my case is still pending the FBI name checking. One thing, last week I got a letter from immigration office asking me to go for a fingerprint. I don't know what that means!! My last fingerprint for I485 was back in the Oct. 2003 and I guess it is already expired. Does this mean my Name checking has been cleared and now they want to renew the fingerprint so they can approve my case??!
Has INS asked any of you folks (people interviewed back in 2003) for a second fingerprint??

I hope this is a good sign. I just have to cross my finger and pray. My FP appointment is this Thursday.

Same situation...Here is my Background info.

a)Applied AOS - I-485 , I-130 on 10/31/03 (Marriage -USC)

b)Interview - 08-June-04 - Could not stamp my passport because background Check was pending

c)Applied and recieved EAD by Oct-04 (Efile)

d)Infopass Appt 01-FEB-05 to check on I-1485 status -
They said my case is waiting on Additonal Security Check

e)Applied AP and Recieved by Jun-04 (Efile)

f) Applied for EAD renewal Jul-04(Efile)

g) Called NSC 800 number to check on case Status 04-AUG-05

h) Got a reply from USCIS on 18-AUG-05 that my case is waiting on FBI fingerprinting ( as they have expired) with an Appointment to go to the Biometric processing centre ,There was no mention of pending Background Check or something ...but it looks more like a standard reply

Still waiting ........

Thanks

GCWaitLA

name check

I am in the same boat too. I Applied in Dec 2002, interviewed in Aug 2003 but my case is still pending the FBI name checking. I contacted the congressman, not yet get response.