FBI Letters or Emails

I485_GC

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

For the letter or email you got from FBI regarding the name check, did it say specifically it's been cleared? Or just said it's been finalized and completed?

I got the FBI letter saying my name check was finalized and completed, and the result was sent to USCIS Washington DC headquarters in October 2006. But nothing happened so far to my case except for a FP notice in November 2006. The notice was about 15 months from my first FP, so I don't the second FP was trigered by the name check completion or just because the first one was expiring?

Any thoughs would be appreciated very much!

I485_GC said:
Hi Guys,

For the letter or email you got from FBI regarding the name check, did it say specifically it's been cleared? Or just said it's been finalized and completed?

I got the FBI letter saying my name check was finalized and completed, and the result was sent to USCIS Washington DC headquarters in October 2006. But nothing happened so far to my case except for a FP notice in November 2006. The notice was about 15 months from my first FP, so I don't the second FP was trigered by the name check completion or just because the first one was expiring?

What's FBI address you send to to check namecheck status? Can you share? THanks!

Letter generally says it is finalized

I485_GC said:
Hi Guys,

FBI is not suppose to disclose the results of name check to you. Therefore the message generally reads as 'finalized'. If there are no criminal records, then it is good to go. If your PD is not current, nothing happens. You can still try to call TSC and ask them if your namecheck is done. Also check out my previous postings at http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=214587
Hope it helps.
Good luck!

Thanks, Toxin

My PD was current a while ago. I did Infopass too, the lady confirmed the NC was not an issue, and she didn't see other issues outstanding either. So, the explanation she gave me was my case is waiting for the officer to review.

First lady letter!

Could you please share, How long it has taken to receive the ltter from FBI after you mailed to first lady?